My pdf architect dont update modules...error message

Hello. I have purchased my copy of pdfarchitect and when I try to get the modules that I pay for, the program redirect me to a web that show me an error message. The support page shows me the same message when i submit. Anyone knows what can I do? The error message is this:

Server Error in '/' Application.
Runtime Error
Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine.

Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to "Off".

Notes: The current error page you are seeing can be replaced by a custom error page by modifying the "defaultRedirect" attribute of the application's configuration tag to point to a custom error page URL.

I have the same problem than Javier JR. Someone have any solution?

Hi,

sorry for the trouble and lack of response. I hope the PDF Architect support team was able to help you out by now.
If not, please try uninstalling PDF Architect and installing it again afterwards from the MSI files contained in https://download.pdfforge.org/go/pdfarchitect6/business/pdfarchitect6-gpo.zip (extract the MSI files into any folder e.g. Desktop and then run the view/startup MSI followed by all the modules you have purchased).
If this doesn't help, please contact the PDF Architect support directly, as this forum is maintained by the PDFCreator support team.

Best regards

Robin