For these past few weeks I have had soooo much trouble getting PDFcreator to RUN, let alone produce PDFs, culminating today. Let me tell you about it...
** BEWARE I have carried on a bit.
I still work in (was Aldus, then) Adobe PageMaker 7 (yeah, I know) who's native PMDs need to be converted to PDFs for the Print Masters creation. Never was a problem using the Adobe Printer, but lately it has, hence my forays into the PDF print apps that are becoming increasingly available.
PDF Architect used to handle the conversion, but then they too stopped, and I eventually arrived at PDFcreator's door, not knowing that you'all are related!
Fast-forward to today - after using Windows Control Panel\Programs to delete my previous installation of PDFcreator and PDF Architect 7 (which I found in both \Program Files AND \Program Files (x86)) I then checked for any remaining files in all 3 locations. PDFcreator was all gone, but NOT PDF A7. So I deleted what I could find in both folders and rebooted.
THEN I did a complete scan and Registry Cleaner, rebooted again before downloading the latest PDFCreator-3_5_1-Setup.exe (version 220.127.116.1115) and with high hopes, ran it.
Well, to save writing it all out, here's the story in pictures...
Hopefully you can see that.
So, PDFcreator has still not been functionally installed, although PDF Architect 7 has been reinstalled in both \Program Files AND \Program Files (x86) folders!!
I need a shot or 2, so I'll check back here after that for a well-deserved solution to this ridiculous situation. OK, I'm done.
All the best,