PDF Architect is causing Office problems

Hi,

since last week PDF Architect is driving me crazy:rage:. I’ve been asked to update to Architect 5 but when executing I get a message "unexpected error"and the updates shuts down. The strange thing is that I have Architect 5 installed:frowning:

But worst is, I cannot open any Office program because it get stucks at “loading PDF Architect 5 plugin”. I’ve tried to uninstall Architect 5 but no luck.

I already raised a ticket at PDF Forg but they haven’t got back to me

Really would appreciate your help

Hi,

sorry for the trouble. The tickets are handled by external support but you should have at least received an initial response by now.
Usually it should be possible to remove the office integration separately, to at least get rid of the largest issue.
Do do this, please open your Windows Control Panel and go to the "programs and features" section (might be called slightly different, depending on which Windows version is installed on your machine.
Now select PDF Architect 5 from the list, press the "uninstall/modify" button and press modify on the next screen.
Now expand the entry for the "create module" and uncheck the checkboxes for the office integration, then press next and let the setup complete the operation:

Did you get any error messages when trying to uninstall?

Best regards

Robin

I am having the same problem – unable to open Microsoft Word because i get the message “Loading Add-ins (1 of 2) PDF Architect 5 Word plugin”
Tried to uninstall PDF Architect 5 using the Settings menu on Windows 10. There are two buttons, one to modify and one to uninstall. The uninstall button is live but the modify button is unresponsive. After hitting the uninstall button I get the message that it is “uninstalling” but that same message has been there now for 18 hours.
Robert

Sorry for the trouble, please try running cmd.exe and entering the command
MsiExec.exe /x{E6BB3749-AC9F-4BDE-84D9-1E22EF689573}
This should uninstall the create module, which includes the office integration. Since it doesn’t touch the rest, it is more likely to be successful to solve the most pressing issue.
Our phone support also might be able to help a bit more directly:
http://web.pdfarchitect.org/support.aspx

Best regards

Robin