PDF Architect uninstall fails, error 1618

Hi,

I am not happy. I downloaded and installed PDF Creator, because I used to like it. Suddenly, now I have PDF creator 7 installed too, without ever having seen a mention of it in during the PDF Creator installation process!

When I tried to uninstall it, the uninstaller hung up for half an hour, so I killed it. Now every time I try to run it again, it gives me an Error 1618 window and then says "The PDF Architect installation process was interrupted"

I have so far wasted at least 2 hours of my time trying to remove it. Trying to repair it is pointless because the repairer does nothing. Reinstalling it is also pointless, because the installer claims the program is already installed and should be uninstalled first!

Any ideas?

Hi @iLLbeFrank

The Error 1618 seems to be a generic Windows Installer message.
Please restart your PC and try to uninstall PDF Architect 7 using the installer provided here (download starts automatically): https://download.pdfforge.org/download/pdfarchitect7/PDFArchitect-stable

Please let us know if that does the trick.

Hi @Florian,

Thank you, that indeed did the trick. I guess I should have tried restarting my PC, but I hardly ever do since hibernation mode came along.

1 Like