PDFCreator 4.0 unattended silent install

Hi,
I'm new in this forum, I use PDFCreator for years and I never had any problem for unattended setup.
Yesterday, I wanted to update V 3.5.1 in 4.0.1 and I adapted my silent script :
"PDFCreator-4_0_1-Setup.exe" /ForceInstall /VERYSILENT /NORESTART /SUPPRESSMSGBOXES /components="program,ghostscript,comsamples,helpfiles,helpfiles\french,languages,languages\english,languages\french" /tasks="winexplorer,!desktopicon"
as describe at :
/pdfcreator/4.0/en/pdfcreator/installing-pdfcreator/setup-command-line-parameters/

This command line worked well in 3.5.1 version and above but in 4.0.1, that occurs opening setup window.

I tested other pathes :
/SAVEINF=setup.inf doesn't work,
/LOADINF=[old inf file] doesn't work

How can I launch unattended install in 4.0.1 ? I have 6 computers at home and a wpkg RPi server...

Best regards.

Hi.
Just extract files from PDFCreator-4_0_1-Setup.exe and you can find two MSIs inside:
PDFCreator-4_0_1_22923-Setup_x64.msi
PDFCreator-4_0_1_22923-Setup_x86.msi
Then you can install MSI silently:
msiexec.exe /i PDFCreator-4_0_1_22923-Setup_x86.msi /qn

Thanks

I tried this too, I want install free version but I extract from the end of the log file these lines :

Property(S): ProductToBeRegistered = 1
MSI (s) (AC:E4) [13:52:40:506]: Product: PDFCreator -- Installation failed.

yes.

1. you should disable custom action CheckInstall
  2. additionally install printer: PrinterHelper.exe -i PDFCreator -o "[#PDFCreatorExe]"

Do you know how to disable updates?

I don't know how to disable custom action CheckInstall
Printer doesn't installed ?

No I don't know how to disable updates .

thanks

Hi @Gil-s

The new setup doesn't support command line parameters at the moment.
Feel free to use the legacy setup: https://download.pdfforge.org/download/

Hi,

OK, I got legacy exe, I extracted setup.iss et view that components have changed, there are no more ghostscript, comsamples, helpfiles, and languages components, the command line for legacy version for my using is :
"PDFCreator-4_0_1-Setup.exe" /ForceInstall /VERYSILENT /NORESTART /components="program" /tasks="winexplorer,!desktopicon"

To Axellb :
Do you have a complte command line for the msi install ?

Thanks a lot everybody

allexb

Just extract files from PDFCreator-4_0_1-Setup.exe and you can find two MSIs inside:
PDFCreator-4_0_1_22923-Setup_x64.msi
PDFCreator-4_0_1_22923-Setup_x86.msi
Then you can install MSI silently:
msiexec.exe /i PDFCreator-4_0_1_22923-Setup_x86.msi /qn

How to do this ? how to extract the msi from exe ?

You could use for example 7-zip and open the msi with it.

New versions is blocked for use in a Domain, ripped my hair off until i found the link.
https landingpage pdfforge org domain en
/Göran