PDFCreator doesn't print

Hi,
When I choose PDFCreator as a printer nothing happens. I used to work a few months ago.
I uninstalled it and then reinstalled it with the latest version but nothing has changed.
I checked the authorizations for the temp forlders and everything is as it should be there.
While reading another thread I saw what the registry entry should look like. Mine is the same except for "jobcounter" thing.
Could it be what is creating the problem?
Thanks in advance for any advice or information.
Regards,
FantomWriter

Hi @FantomWriter,

Could you link the thread or tell me the name?

If the error showed up after applying an update, you should try to perform a clean reinstallation following this guide: https://support.pdfforge.org/article/42-pdfcreator-reinstallation

If the fresh reinstallation does not do the trick, kindly create a trace log and post the log. Make sure to remove personal data from the log or send me a private message containing the log.
How to create a trace log?

Kind regards
Florian

Hi,
Here is the thread I mentionned: PDFCreator Printer do nothing

So as far as I know I deleted every traces of PDFCreator before reinstalling it and no change.
I apologize because I think I was to wague when explaining my problem. So here is a more comprehensive explaination.

On a website I have the possibility of choosing a part of an image to print. Once I select the area I want to print, the website ask me if I agree with the selection. After agreeing, the usual printer selection screen appears. There I select PDFCreator and click "print". a text appears saying the document will start printing shortly before going back to the original screen.

Here is the trace log although I don't think it'll be much help considering nothing appears in it when I try printing from the website (whether PDFCreator is opened or closed).

2019-02-26 18:04:44.9387 [Debug] 7056-1 (ProgramThread) pdfforge.PDFCreator.Core.Startup.AppStarts.MaybePipedApplicationStarter.Shutdown: All synchronized threads have ended
2019-02-26 18:04:44.9387 [Debug] 7056-1 (ProgramThread) pdfforge.PDFCreator.Core.Communication.PipeServerManager.PrepareShutdown: Preparing PipeServer for ShutDown
2019-02-26 18:04:44.9387 [Debug] 7056-1 (ProgramThread) pdfforge.PDFCreator.Utilities.Threading.ThreadManager.Shutdown: Shutting down the application
2019-02-26 18:04:44.9387 [Debug] 7056-1 (ProgramThread) pdfforge.PDFCreator.Utilities.Threading.ThreadManager.Shutdown: Exiting...
2019-02-26 18:04:44.9467 [Debug] 7056-1 (ProgramThread) pdfforge.PDFCreator.UI.Presentation.Helper.SettingsLoaderBase.SaveSettingsInRegistry: Saving settings
2019-02-26 18:04:45.0127 [Trace] 7056-1 (ProgramThread) pdfforge.PDFCreator.UI.Presentation.Helper.SettingsLoaderBase.LogProfiles: Profiles:
2019-02-26 18:04:45.0127 [Trace] 7056-1 (ProgramThread) pdfforge.PDFCreator.UI.Presentation.Helper.SettingsLoaderBase.LogProfiles: <Profil par défaut>
2019-02-26 18:04:45.0127 [Trace] 7056-1 (ProgramThread) pdfforge.PDFCreator.UI.Presentation.Helper.SettingsLoaderBase.LogProfiles: Compression élevée (petit fichier)
2019-02-26 18:04:45.0127 [Trace] 7056-1 (ProgramThread) pdfforge.PDFCreator.UI.Presentation.Helper.SettingsLoaderBase.LogProfiles: Qualité élevée (gros fichier)
2019-02-26 18:04:45.0127 [Trace] 7056-1 (ProgramThread) pdfforge.PDFCreator.UI.Presentation.Helper.SettingsLoaderBase.LogProfiles: JPEG (fichier graphique)
2019-02-26 18:04:45.0127 [Trace] 7056-1 (ProgramThread) pdfforge.PDFCreator.UI.Presentation.Helper.SettingsLoaderBase.LogProfiles: PDF/A (conservation à long terme)
2019-02-26 18:04:45.0127 [Trace] 7056-1 (ProgramThread) pdfforge.PDFCreator.UI.Presentation.Helper.SettingsLoaderBase.LogProfiles: PNG (fichier graphique)
2019-02-26 18:04:45.0127 [Trace] 7056-1 (ProgramThread) pdfforge.PDFCreator.UI.Presentation.Helper.SettingsLoaderBase.LogProfiles: Imprimer après l'enregistrement
2019-02-26 18:04:45.0127 [Trace] 7056-1 (ProgramThread) pdfforge.PDFCreator.UI.Presentation.Helper.SettingsLoaderBase.LogProfiles: TIFF (fichier graphique multipages)
2019-02-26 18:04:45.1048 [Debug] 7056-1 (ProgramThread) pdfforge.PDFCreator.Core.Communication.PipeServerManager.Shutdown: Stopping pipe server
2019-02-26 18:04:45.1048 [Debug] 7056-1 (ProgramThread) pdfforge.PDFCreator.Editions.EditionBase.ProgramBase.Main: Ending PDFCreator

Best regards,
FantomWriter

Hi,

please have a look at
http://docs.pdfforge.org/pdfcreator/3.3/en/pdfcreator/frequently-asked-questions/pdfcreator-has-suddenly-stopped-creating-pdfs/
it sounds like it might be a permission issue.

Best regards

Robin

Hi,
I did check that before writing and everything is okay.
Regards,
FantomWriter

Did you previously have PDFCreator Server installed on the same machine?
Older versions of PDFCreator Server might not remove the registry settings responsible for telling our print monitor where to spool the print jobs.
After printing anything to the PDFCreator printer, do you get any .ps and .inf files inside %temp%\PDFCreator\spool ?

Hi,
I probably had it before since I had an older version of PDFCreator.
Where should I look for this PDFCreator server so I can make sure? When I uninstalled and erased every traces of PDFCreator from my computer, I didn't find the PDFCreator server so I assumed it got uninstalled too but it might be somewhere I didn't know about.
No, nothing is being created in the spool folder.
Regards

Hi,

while it sounds like it wasn't PDFCreator Server (this is premium product for ~$900), remainders of the old version might still be causing the issue. If the permissions for the temp folder and the registry entry for the pdfcmon are correct, there might have been an issue replacing the actual pdfcmon.dll in C:\windows\system32 ; it should have version 0.9.8.1 for the current PDFCreator 3.4.0 release.
If it has a different version, please uninstall PDFCreator, check if the pdfcmon.dll got deleted and remove it manually if it is still there. Afterwards reboot your system and install PDFCreator again.
Does converting a PDFCreator testpage from inside the applications settings->debug tab still work?
This doesn't actually get printed / spooled, so if this still works the issue has to be located somewhere inside the printing workflow.

Best regards

Robin

The dll is the right version.
There were no problem with the testpage, it was created perfectly.
Regards

Hi,
Do you have any other ideas to fix the issue ?
Regards