Print After Save Does Not Work

I am running PDF Creator as a service on a Windows Server 2008 R2 box.  The profile being used auto-saves the file, runs a script that copies (not moves) the file to another location, and prints to a network printer.

I am testing this by going into the server’s PDFCreator printers and printing a test page.  If I print a test page to the physical printer it works just fine … only via PDFCreator does it not print.

The file is created, it is moved, but does not print.  Enabling print logging show me that a job is sent to the print spooler but that the job is zero bytes.  Below is the jist of the printer event log:

Event 800 - Spooling job 14.
Event 801 - Printing job 14.
Event 842 - The print job 14 was sent through the print processor winprint on printer Editorial Copier, driver Canon iR-ADV C7000s-A1 PCL6, in the isolation mode 1 (0 - loaded in the spooler, 1 - loaded in shared sandbox, 2 - loaded in isolated sandbox). Win32 error code returned by the print processor: 0x0.
Event 805- Rendering job 14.
Event 307- Document 14, A owned by Administrator on \\SERVERNAME was printed on Editorial Copier through port Editorial Copier.  Size in bytes: 0. Pages printed: 0. No user action is required.

Any ideas?
   Bryan

Hi,

yep it is broken in version 1.7.0 and will be fixed in the next release, if you need it beforehand please send me a mail and i can give u a fixed .exe.

regards,

Robin

Hi Robin,

I’d like to test out the exe if possible? 

Thanks, 
Richard

Hi,

sent it to the mail specified on your profile.

regards,

Robin

Can you send it to me too? Thanks!

Regards,

Pieter

Thanks Robin but unfortunately it didn’t come through on my side. Could you possibly try again or maybe share a download link? 

Cheers,
Richard

I am also having this problem, can you send me the fixed EXE?

Thank You,

Jon

is sent to all, if you don´t recieve it please contact me from a mail adress where you can recieve .zip/.exe files.

regards,

Robin

Hi Robin, 

I don’t have your email address but if you could send it to sendexes at gmx.com I might have more luck in getting it (Gmail seems to be blocking the mail). Thanks very much for your help, it’s much appreciated.

Thanks,
Richard

Hi Robin, 

I don’t have your email address but if you could send it to sendexes at gmx.com I might have more luck in getting it (Gmail seems to be blocking the mail). Thanks very much for your help, it’s much appreciated.

Thanks,
Richard

Hi Robin, 

Thanks,
Richard

Hi Robin, 

Thanks,
Richard

Hi Robin, would it be possible to get a copy of that fixed .exe?

Thanks in advanced,
Andrew

hi !Robin.W    I  have the same problem ,  I try to change code, but  i am not successed, please tell me how to change code, printer will print after save 

i am a chinese developer, pdfcreator 1.7 is very good, but i am a .net developer, i am not good at vb, please tell me how did you change code to solve the problem of print after saving, thank you very much

Hi Robin,

very happy with 1.7.0 but doesnt print, please send me a link of the updated 1.7.1
thank you very much.

Regards,
Mehul.

Hi,

it is not uploaded yet, but will be released soon, if anybody needs it really urgently for his office etc, please write me a mail from a mail adress which i can send an .exe to.

regards,

Robin

Hi Robin,

Please send me the EXE with the properly working Print after Save feature.

I have tried several computers and OS’s trying to make this work - and it appears to be a bug afterall.

Thanks,

Charles

Hi,

the problem is, gmail doesn´t allow .exe files, not even if they are renamed and zipped.
If you send me a mail from a email adress capable of receiving .exe files, I will send you a copy.
Othewise the official release of 1.7.1 will probably be done by tomorrow.

regards,

Robin