Trouble receiving windows faxes via PDF Creator

I have a client who receives faxes via Windows Fax (Server 2008). The files are currently saved in a .tiff file format but they need them to be received in PDF format (which Microsoft can't do).

I have installed PDF Creator on the server and it works great. However, when I configure the fax to print directly to PDFCreator the fax is received but it does not generate a PDF (auto save is setup).

If I configure the faxes to go to any other printer it prints just fine...
If I print to the pdfcreator from and other program in windows it automatically creates a PDF just fine...

Hi,

do the faxes get intercepted by an application which then prints them to the PDFCreator?

regards,

Robin

Hi Robin, Thanks for getting back to me.

Yes, the server is configured to use the Windows Fax services. Right now when a fax comes in it is saved as a .tiff in a folder and it is also printed out. However, if I change the default printer to PDF Creator the .tiff files are still created but the PDF's are not "printed".

PDF creator is set to auto save and it works perfectly when I print to it from any other application.

=Steve=

Hi,

does manually converting .tiff to pdf work still?

regards,

Robin

Yes, If I open a .tiff document I am able to print it to PDF Creator and it works fine.

I’m literally having the same problem just today, but using Microsoft Windows Server 2012. Fax modem receives the fax and using Microsoft Fax Service Manager, I have the option to Print, Store in a folder, or Route through e-mail. I have both Print and Store in a folder enabled. Receiving faxes works and it stores in a folder, but it WILL NOT print to PDF Creator. I turned on logging and it’s like it doesn’t even receive the print job. Pointing to another physical printer DOES work.

Hi,

a possible solution might be to monitor the folder where the tiffs get saved in and convert from there, instead of directly printing fom the fax service to the pdfcreator.

regards,

Robin

Will PDF Creator automatically monitor the folder without any user interaction? I was looking around but I didn't see where to set that up.

I am trying to avoid excessive steps to minimize failure points wherever possible.

I am still really trying to make this work. Any additional suggestions?

Hi,

you could take a look at this, here somebody has written a script which monitors a folder (read the correction advice in the comments also) https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups=#!topic/microsoft.public.windows.server.scripting/IRCk1m1jM6Q .
I didn´t test it myself, but the comments suggest it is working. You can start the PDFCreator with the /PF parameter from there.

PDFCreator itself doesn´t have an options to monitor folders.

regards,

Robin

I see the OP has given you a possible solution already. This could be helpful for you guy. But in a short, I would like to add something for you. I have been using a service like Cocofax. This Cocofax service will ensure you to send free fax online details are here. Try and enjoy. Good luck!

For your help @Bearkane8 you should take a look at this GoogleFaxFree website. This is a free fax guide website which will ensure how to lots of faxes easily without any issue. GoogleFaxFree will also ensure sending web fax google try https://googlefaxfree.com/. Thank you!