Types of files that PDFCreator will convert to PDF

Do you have a list of file types that will and will not work with PDFCreator??

I use Open Office a lot.
I just made a Spreed Sheet that I need to convert to PDF so I can upload to my website.
I tried using PDFCreator what after about 30 minutes of waiting I finally just closed it out.

Thank you so much.

Hi,

in general all printable files can be converted, have you tried converting other documents (just to make sure its a file specific problem and not a system specific one). Did you see anything go to the PDF Print Monitor? Are you using the latest version 1.6.1?

regards,

Robin

yes I have converted some MS Word Pad, also some OpenOffice text file (.ODS) and a few others before trying  the spreadsheet.
With the spreadsheet…nothing went to the print monitor.

Latest version…yes.

I will re-try the spreadsheet

I am trying to convince my self that investing in the Pro version would be as good as Acrobat…not really into buying Adobe Products unless there is nothing that does almost as good…

Thank You for the hslp.

Hi,

have you also tried the PDFArchitect which came together with the later versions of PDFCreator?
The PDFCreator itself doesn´t have a “pro” version (as in all features are available in the free version), only the PDFArchitect does, but the conversion of files to PDF is also free.

regards,

Robin

''in general all printable files can be converted,''
''but the conversion of files to PDF is also free''
yes, but What Files??
I'm trying to just see, not even print, .prn files...
are old .prn files supported? 
I could've sworn I saw "prn" on the search page results

thanks!

Hi,

.prn files are only supported if they contain postscript information, then you can use the PDFCreator to convert them. The PDFCreator itself is a virtual printer, so in general not a “viewer” for anything, you can try to open .prn files in notepad if you want to view them.

regards,

Robin