Wildcards/target folders not working

Hello all,

I've been trying to write a script to have PDFCreator pull the contents from a target folder, process it through a profile I've created that will convert the documents to PDF/A-1b, and place the converted files into a new folder. I keep running into an issue where the script will not run with wildcards like *.pdf nor will it run with simply the target folder named. I have both the target and destination folders already set up, but I can only get the script to work if I specify a single, named document in the initial target folder. I've read about other people using wildcards like *.pdf in their script with success but I can't seem to get it to work. Anybody else having this issue? If I can get it to pull ALL the contents of the target folder regardless of file extension that would be even better!

I've checked the spelling and syntax of my script and cannot seem to find an error with either. (Script listed below for reference)

C:\Program Files\PDFCreator\pdfcreator.exe /PrintFile="\FILESRV2\UserRedirectFolders$\user\Desktop\PDFCreatorTest\TestDocPDF\ *.pdf" /PrinterName="PDFCreator" /OutputFile="\FILESRV2\UserRedirectFolders$\user\Desktop\PDFCreatorTest\TestDocPDFA" /Profile="PDF/A-1b"

NOTE: I've tried the same script but with file paths from my local disk rather than a network share, as shown above. Both methods work the exact same way; single, specific files named in the target folder are pulled, processed, and placed in the destination folder. Wildcards or target folder only scripts do not work in either instance.

Am I missing something here? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

Hi,

PDFCreator can't take wilcards as arguments through the command line.
If you have PDFCreator Plus or Porfessional, you could use the HotFolder to automate the workflow you described without any scripting.
Otherwise, you can do it through a script, but you will need to iterate through the files in the folder and print them to PDFCreator separately e.g.

for /r %i in ("\FILESRV2\UserRedirectFolders$\user\Desktop\PDFCreatorTest\TestDocPDF\ *.pdf") do  
(C:\Program Files\PDFCreator\pdfcreator.exe /PrintFile=%i /PrinterName="PDFCreator" /OutputFile="\FILESRV2\UserRedirectFolders$\user\Desktop\PDFCreatorTest\%i" /Profile="PDF/A-1b")

(/r sets recursive mode and if you are running the script from a batch file, you will need to use %%i instead of %i)
I am not 100% sure abouth the syntax, but this is generally the approach that is required to resolve the wildcards before calling PDFCreator.

Best regards

Robin