Can't assign printers to a specific queue

I'm using PDF creator server v 2.0.1 and I'm having issues with the following:

After a succesfull test period with 1 department (and 1 scanprinter) I am trying to assign more printers to a specific queue. I can't assign them anymore and I'm wondering what's going on. I have multiple queues with specific scanprinters for each queue. In earlier editions of PDF creator I could choose a scanprinter and assign a queue to it. But with this latest version it doesn't work like that.

I have all my scanprinters defined in Windows Print Management and when trying to add a printer to a queue it sais "This name is invalid or a printer with this name already exists".

Can someone please tell me what I have to do to fix this this? Thanx in advance!

Hi rvdwaal,

in PDFCreator Server, we changed the way printers and queues are managed.
Since the printers are rather static, we included them in the queue management. At the moment PDFCreator Server 2.0.1 will always add new printers if you click the add printer button. Therefore the software does not allow you to add an existing printer. Per default, printers created in the print management will be assigned with an existing queue. You should be able to locate the printers in the PDFCreator Server UI after restarting service and UI. Of course, we will forward this behavior to the dev team.

There are two possible workarounds:

1. Manually delete the printers from your print management and add them in the PDFCreator Server UI

2. Manually assign the printers to the correct queue with regedit.
    You can find the Printer Mappings here: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\pdfforge\PDFCreator Server\Settings\ApplicationSettings\PrinterMappings
    The Queues are here: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\pdfforge\PDFCreator Server\Settings\Queues
    To assign a printer to another queue, you have to change the ProfileGuid value to match the ID of the profile the printer should use.

Example: My Printer Server2 is assigned to my PDFCreator Server queue but It should be assigned to my PDFCreator Server 2 queue.

Step 1: Look up which guid was assigned to my PDFCreator Server 2 queue:

Screenshot Step 1

Step 2: Paste the guid into the registry key for Server2:

Screenshot Step 2

Step 3: Close the registry editor, restart the PDFCreator Server Service and the PDFCreator Server GUI.
Step 4: Make sure the printers were successfully assigned:

Screenshot Step 4