COM Interface access to Subject and Keywords

Waited till version 2.5.2 to see if I could set Subject and Keywords using COM. In help, under Com Interface, PrintJobInfo, Name, Author, Subject and Keywords are listed as items that can be changed. I can change Name and Author, but Subject and Keywords still end up blank. How do we put a Subject and Keywords in the PDF?
Version 1.7.3 works. Can’t move up to the new version until we can do the same functionality.
You are threatening to drop support for 1.7.3, so when will it be fixed???

Hi,

I just tested this and it works as expected.
If you can provide a code snippet I should be able to help
We aren’t threatening to drop support for 1.7.3, this has already happened long ago, as 1.7.3 was the last version still written in VB6 and all later versions were completely re-written from scratch.

Best regards,

Robin

Oh my, I am behind the times.
I was using your sample of VBA but modified to work in Access.
I created JobQueue object, initialized, printed report, waited for job.
pJob.SetProfileByGuid (“DefaultGuid”)
pJob.SetProfileSetting “PdfSettings.Security.Enabled”, “true”
pJob.SetProfileSetting “OpenViewer”, “false”
Set pJobInfo = pJob.PrintJobInfo
pJobInfo.PrintJobAuthor = “Willie”
pJobInfo.Subject = “TEST”
pJobInfo.PrintJobName = “Here we go”
pJobInfo.Keywords = “AES,JPG”
set security settings here…
pJob.ConvertTo (fullPath)
All works except Subject and Keywords.

Hi,

I actually took a slightly different approach to this, so hopefully a slight modification can help to solve the issue. Instead of setting the subject and keywords in the jobinfo, set the KeywordTemplate and SubjectTemplate for the print job directly. Otherwise, it will get set in the job info, but never evaluated afterwards. I am not even sure if it makes any sense to be able to set this in the jobInfo, we will have a look at this.

Best regards,

Robin