Configuration du profil de l'imprimante non répercuté sur les autres sessions

Bonjour ,

Je me permets de vous solliciter car je suis à court d'idée je vous explique mon soucis .

Je travail sur Pdfcreator v3.3.0 en client lourd , j'arrive bien a créer une imprimante virtuelle ( ex: Vprinter) auquel je rattache un profil ( ex:Vprofil ) que j'ai créée .

Quand je me deconnecte de la session pour ouvrir une autre tout en restant sur le même pc , je contact que le paramettrage n'est pas répercuté sur l'autre session . du coup quand je lance PDFCreator je trouve bien l'imprimante que j'ai crée ( Vprinter) mais c'est le profil par default qui lui est rattaché et non le profil que j'ai sélectionné ( Vprofil) .

Devrais-je aller plus loin dans la base de registre ?
Pouvez vous m'apporter votre aide ?

Merci

Hi,

PDFCreator stores the settings inside HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\pdfforge\PDFCreator\Settings, so if you don't import the user settings into the new session, you will get default settings. The printer itself is registered as any Windows printer (in HKLM) so you still see it regardless of the user settings.

Best regards

Robin

Hi Robin thank you for your answer ,
( sorry for the bad english )
I agree with you but to works well i have to

1. personalize the profil and export the settings from HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\pdfforge\PDFCreator\Settings,
    2 )log in to session go find to setting.Reg to double click on it to place the setting in to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\pdfforge\PDFCreator\Settings .

how can i apply this settings if i have 6 users who use the same computer without the doing the previous process for the 6 users ?

i'v tried to do this , but it doesnt work

1. Start PDFCreator, modify the settings and profiles as you like and close the application again
  2. Open regedit.exe and navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\PDFCreator\settings
  3. Open the file menu and use “Export” to export the current key to a file
  4. Open the exported file in a text editor
  5. Use the search/replace function to replace “HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\PDFCreator\” with HKEY_USERS.DEFAULT\Software\PDFCreator\” and save the file
  6. Double click the file to import it again.

Any suggest ?

Many thanks

Hi,

you can define settings inside HKEY_USERS.DEFAULT\Software\PDFCreator for all users, but they will only get loaded if the user doesn't already have their own PDFCreator settings (so it only works for accounts which haven't used PDFCreator before, as it will otherwise create default settings when it is started for the first time).
You could use a login script to automatically load the regfile you exported for each user when they login.
We realize this isn't very practical and the PDFCreator 3.4 update will aim to improve the settings management

Best regards

Robin

Hi Robin ,

Many thanks for your answer .

It doesn't work for me maybe i do it with the wrong day.

This is what i do :
1-i Export HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\pdfforge
2- i open it with notepad and i remplace where i find "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\pdfforge" with
"HKEY_USERS.DEFAULT\Software\pdfforge"
3- i log with account never open pdfcreator before .

But the result wasnt good i dont find my settings .

Any suggest ?

Best regard

Hi,

I am really sorry, somehow one of the slashes disappeared during copy&paste due to some html/forum auto formatiing.
It has to be "HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\pdfforge"

Best regards

Robin