Converting From 1.2.1 to 2.5.3 - Replacing clsPDFCreator

I am a neophyte to intermediate VBA Developer (and SOLO/All Things IT Director). We have a VBA heavy spreadsheet that uses PDF Creator to make and help email a PDF of one of the worksheets.

Here lately, it has been inconsistent on a few machines. So much so that I put one of the users in a rebuilt Windows 10 machine and it works fine again. But alas, I have another user who is having problems.

So I thought I’d look into upgrading to 2.5.3 but I know I need to replace the clsPDFCreator object.

The VBA code only calls for it one time in this line:

Set pdfjob = CreateObject("PDFCreator.clsPDFCreator")

I doubt it would be that easy to simply replace clsPDFCreator with another command but if so, which one would I use? Would it be PDFCreatorObj?

Thanks…

Hi,

I am afraid it will most likely be closer to a complete re-write of the PDFCreator related code than just replacing the one call, as after version 1.7.3 the COM interface was completely rewritten together with the main application. Here is a basic overview for migrating:
http://docs.pdfforge.org/pdfcreator/latest/en/pdfcreator/com-interface/user-manual/basics/workflow-comparsion-v1-7-v2/
Unfortunately, the current and most recent releases have problems with VBA ; for some reason access through VBA causes errors, while all other languages seem to work without any problems. This is really strange as COM should work the same for VBA as for any other languages and we are still trying to find out what is gong wrong and how to fix it.
If you’d like to give the new API a try and use VBA, please stick to a PDFCreator 2.4.x release for the moment.

Best regards,

Robin