Copied text from pdf-creator printed document is garbled v3.0.2

Hi folks,

I’ve installed the latest pdf creator on win 10 : 3.0.2 build 8660.

When printing w/ pdf creator and then trying to copy the text from the created PDF to a text editor via Adobe reader, the text is garbled (i.e. only contains non printable characters or irrelevant characters).
Exporting via the native Chrome, Firefox or Google docs functions provide properly created PDF files.

Example with dummy GDocs file here:

If I print using system dialog, then select PDF Creator, the pdf file created is displayed properly BUT if I try to copy the text from it, the copied text is garbed as mentioned above.

Thomas

Hi,

this exclusively depends on how the printing application sends the text to the printer, especially browsers don’t send proper “real” text a lot of the time and PDFCreator doesn’t contain any OCR. Firefox should still output proper text, Chrome or Opera will not; haven’t tested other browsers recently.

Best regards

Robin

Thank you Robin, that’s indeed correct (just tested successfully w/ firefox) …
I had the feeling this didn’t happen w/ pdf creator < 3.0.0 but I have no way to confirm that.

Thanks
Thomas

Hi,

the behavior did indeed change between different browser versions, so it could easily have “felt” like it was working in older PDFCreator versions, because the browser used to output it properly. There might even be a setting in Chrome or other browsers to influence this (GPU accelerated printing or similar).

Best regards

Robin