Copy and paste selected text

How do I copy text in PDF Architect and paste it in a word-processing document?

How do I copy text in PDF Architect and paste it in a word-processing document?

Hi,

chosse the “select” tool, select the text and then copy and paste it. It only works for proper text (If you for example print from chrome it will render text as picture making it impossible to copy it as text.)

regards,

Robin

The Select tool cannot be highlighted, so I am unable to click on Copy or Paste. Do you have another suggestion?

Hi,

if you can’t select the text although you are in select mode, it most likely isn’t actual text, but an image of text. In this case you can use OCR to convert it into real text and copy it into other applications.

Best regards

Robin

Hi, I have a pdf page with 2 columns text. When I select a paragraph from 1 column (green highlights), the text from the right column is also being selected and copied........... I just want to copy the text from left column and not both columns. How can I solve this please.

Thank you.

Hi,

unfortunately there is no proper solution for this, most likely the actual technical text-blocks aren't identical to the visual text blocks, but rather 1 block = 1 line (spanning any amount of columns through the entire page). It is up to the PDF generating software to decide how to insert the text, if the visual text blocks match the technical ones, PDF Architect will copy the text as expected (at least in my quick test).

Best regards

Robin

Thank you Robin for your prompt reply. Unfortunately I have quite a lot of pdfs which are 2 columns and I need a tool I can rely on. I hope this can be solved in the near versions.

Thank you once again.
Regards.