Creating PDF files not compressed

Hello,

I would like to ask If there is possibility in 'PDFCretor terminal server' to save the PDF file directly in any location but not compressed. I mean readable by older devices. Now all available formats are encrypted.

Hi,

I am afraid I don't quire understand your question. There is no encryption by default. The images inside the PDF will get DCT/JPEG compressed by default, but you can switch this to deflate/zip for lossless compression.

Best regards

Robin

Hello Robin, thank You for answer.

I'm not talking about image compression but - not to compression the file in PostScipt.

I need to pull some text from the file after saving it in location. It is not possible in current format.

Hi,

if you drag&drop the PDF onto a PDFCreator window or call PDFCreator.exe /PdfFile="path to your file.pdf" it will directly process the PDF without converting it to Postscript in between. This might/will very likely still somehow change the internal structure of the PDF, but perhaps it helps.

Best regards

Robin

Hi,

actually the problem is that I need it in automatic. Not making it manually. My tool generate print out and converting the PDF file via PDFCreator to some directory (FTP). Then, next tool is downloading this file and needs to pull some information before it sends this PDF file via e-mail to final receiver.

Hi,

as long as your tool generates a print out, this will create an intermediate Postscript file before converting it to PDF. This shouldn't really stop you from pulling text from the final PDF, what exactly is the issue?
If there is no real text inside the PDF, the tool doesn't print out real text. PDFCreator will not transform text to curve or bitmaps.
Perhaps a work around could be creating and uploading a .txt file at the same time and pulling the text from there, this might be easier to process. You can fully automate this by having the first (PDF) printer automatically printing to the second (txt) printer.

Best regards

Robin

Hi Robin,

Yes it should help. How can I set up two documents from one print out in same time in PDFCreator? For example *.pdf and *.txt

You will need to create 2 PDFCreator printers with different profiles. Set the first profile to convert to PDF and enable the "print" action inside of it, pointing to the second PDFCreator printer which has .txt as output format (and enable FTP upload on one or both profiles, if you want both files on the FTP).

Best regards

Robin