E-mail a PDF does not work

I have Outlook 2007 (part of MS Office Small Business) as default e-mail. After updating Win 8.1 to Win 10 it was not anymore possible to use PDFCreator’s E-mail action.Outlook 2007 is still Win 10 compatible. Error: “Action missed. 11100 - E-mail application could not be opened.” ( The same problem is when I try to send file as email enclosure from Acrobat Reader.)

Now Operation goes only so: 1. Save the file as pdf (it works). 2. Open Outlook by hand. 3. Attach the saved file to the new email by hand.
What is wrong in PDFCreator settings? Or maybe the reason is in Windows? It allways ask permission to make changes when I open Outlook. I have set Outlook as default but it seems to be that Windows will not accept it.
PDFCreator version is now 2.3.2.6. In that period of time when I used Win 8 the working versions were 2.2.x. Could the reason be updating from 2.2 to 2.3?
What can I do? Can anybody help?
–vmjpak–

Hi,

not sure how to fix the original problem, but there is a work arround that should work:
Instead of using the “open email client” action, use the “run script” action and point it to the outlook.exe. As additional parameter, use /a. This will cause Outlook to open all created files as attachment, without displaying any warnings or relying on other system settings.

Best regards,

Robin

Hi,

Thanks, have some hope, but

Unfortunately I am not familiar with scripts. Could You please give some information, where to write and what?
I did not find any help in internet.
–vmjpak–

Hi,

sure no problem: First, you will need to activate the "Run Script" action in the PDFCreator profile settings\actions tab. Also disable the "Opne Email Client" action.
Then, search for the outlook.exe on your computer and enter the full path to it into the "Script File" textbox and /a into the teextbox for additional parameters, it should look similar to this:

(your outlook.exe will have a slightly different path as it is a different version). There is no need to write any scripts or do anything else, the action could also be called "run a script or any application" and in this case you tell it to run outlook. The parameter /a will cause Outlook to attach the created file.

Best regards,

Robin

Hi Robin,

You are great! It really works.

A little misfunction is still left:
After opening the new Outlook window with pdf enclosure, comes a error message no.11100 “couldn’t open the Outlook”.
It is me easy to remove that by clicking OK, but for my wife I try to keep all clear and simpel. Is it possible to prevent the unnecessory message?

Thanks
–vmjpak–

Hi,

I am afraid I don’t know, does the message seem to be a PDFCreator error message and do you only get it when outlook is already running?

Best regards,

Robin

Hi Robin,

I found out that now the PDFCreator is working just fine without any error messages when I use SAVE-button! It also gives possibility to save pdf-file.
With SEND eMAIL-button there is no possibilities to save and the error message seems to come depending if Outlook is already open or not. Anyway, I don’t have to use this alternative.

Because Acrobat reader can not send email either, the original reason for problem must be in the triangel Old Outlook – Win10 – HP-bios. Or maybe the old rests of Win8 in the register. Norton Internet Security seems to be not guilty.

I am satisfied. Thank You again.
–vmjpak–

I found that it is caused by a wrong value in your registry under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Clients\Mail that must contain your default email client such as Microsoft Outlook or IBM Notes i.e.