Email message format

Hi gyus,
little trouble. I am sending emails in html format (signature contains image), but when i want to send pdf through PDFCreator (version 2.0) “E-mail” function, it creates new message in plain text format. I didn’t find any setting to change it. Old version 1.7.1 creates message in html format. Will you change this or add setting to modify this behaviour in future?

thanks

Hi,

do you have version 2.0.1? It should work in 2.0.1.

best regards,

it’s working now. thanks.

Hi,
To me it’s not.
The document I’m trying to print with dynamic HTML link is a motivation letter. It’s a “.doc”.
With version 2.0.2 both my email address (HTML “mail to” link) and Linkedin HTML link were not dynamic in the generated PDF.
So I uninstalled version 2.0.2 and re-installed version 2.0.1. With this version, my email address is generated as a dynamic link, but still my Linkedin HTML link is not.
Are some parameters changes required?
Thanks for your answer!
Best regards,
Christophe

As an additional information to help the nice people who may be able to help me, here is a copy-paste (from the .doc document) of the 2 links I'm talking above:

<w:WordDocument>
<w:View>Normal</w:View>
<w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom>
<w:HyphenationZone>21</w:HyphenationZone>
<w:DoNotOptimizeForBrowser></w:DoNotOptimizeForBrowser>
</w:WordDocument>
<![endif]–>

fake.email@gmail.com

Lien Linkedin

Hi,

I had a look at this issue and some of it seems to be related to the email client.
I was able to add the mailto link, but i needed to add a blank or new row to it in the client in order to turn it into a clickable link. Inserting an hyperlink worked instantly without any problems. Which email client are you using?

best regards,

Hi,
I’m using Gmail.
FYI I workarounded the issue installing the Word 2007 Microsoft plug-in allowing to save pdf documents.
But I’ll remain available to give you elements on my above issue if the ones given are not enough.
Best regards,
Christophe

Hi,

I just realized you are having a totally different issue than the OP, the original discussion (and all my replies) is about the automatically attache email action. All Hyperlinks will get lost when printing to the PDFCreator printer, as it only receives the visible data that would also go to a physical printer. Only fully written out links in plain text like www.pdfforge.org will be detected afterwards.

best regards,

Oups, sorry, this is my mistake: my post was not in the valid discussion!
But still, thank you for your answer!
And thank you for PDFCreator, still a very usefull tool, easy to manage and efficient.

Best regards,
Christophe

Hi. I just updated my PDFCreator to 2.5.1 and now my e-mails are in plain text. How can I change setting to HTML?
Kind regards.
Isar

Hi,

you can set this in profile settings->Actions->Open e-mail client->Edit E-Mail Text there is a checkbox for it.

Best regards,

Robin