Exceedingly poor business practices

I purchased an earlier version of PDF creator with most of the modules. I could not, after considerable effort, upgrade. So I purchased anew. I get billed for a component I did not order (OCR) module. I requested a refund and got no response. I will try again. I installed what I purchased, entered the key provided. Now If I open any PDF document it want’s me to activate. Before I can enter the key it goes to a screen wanting $49 USD to upgrade.

Now I not only did not get what I purchased, I can’t even open PDF’s.

This is one poor product.

So here is my question… HOW DO I GET WHAT I ORDERED ONLY and have it actually work?

Mike

Hi Mike,

first we need to find out what you actually purchased; PDFCreator doesn’t have any modules, so I assume you mean PDF Architect? If this is the case, the purchase process and all refunds are handled by our payment processor Upclick (www.upclk.com), but you should have at least received a response telling you this. Depending on the workload, it can take a few days for our support to respond. From what you describe, it sounds like you may have multiple versions of PDF Architect installed and the one being used as default application for opening PDFs isn’t the purchased/activated one. Which version did you purchase (are the PDFs opened in that version), did it say the activation was successful after entering the key?

Best regards

Robin

Regarding the version I first purchased: I am unable to launch it to get the version information, it crashes (Runtime Error! on launch). It worked for three years. That’s what started me on this. I have screen dumps of the information of the first version. (Note: the date stamps on the executables are January 2014).

The version I just purchased is 5.0.28.34044 64 bit. Your Order ID is: UEEFR862 dated 23/01/2018 in the mount of $98.95. It includes $30.00 for the OCR which I did not order. I have these documents.

Mike

Hi Mike,

please right-click onto any PDF on your system and select open with -> PDF Architect 5 from the menu.
Do you now get the screen asking you to upgrade, or do the modules seem active here?
I have asked the PDF Architect support team to follow up on your original request and am sure we will be able to find a solution,

Best regards

Robin