File in printer queue disappears before being saved

PDFCreator 1.7.2. File enters the PDFCreator Printer Queue on a Windows Server 2012, but it doesn't get directed to a folder location on C Drive. Auto-Save is activated. It is if the PDFPrinter is not communicating with the PDFCreator application.

Hi,

only PDFCreator Server is supported for server environments.
https://www.pdfforge.org/pdfcreat
The other editions can only run in user sessions.

Best regards

Robin

Thanks Robin.
I thought 1.7.2 had in-built Server Mode? Is this not the case?
That is why I though it could run on Windows Server 2012.

Hi,

it was always required to use some third party tool to run PDFCreator on a server without a user session; we just didn't have a native solution in PDFCreator 1.x yet.

Best regards

Robin

You say PDFCreator can't run on a Server without a user session. Does that mean that if a user is logged onto the server (active session), then you don't need a 3rd party tool? I plan on always having a user logged onto the Server, hence the reason I planned on using PDFCreator 1.7.2. Can you advise.
Thanks.

You will need to test it, this was never officially supported and support for PDFCreator 1.x was discontinued years ago.
In theory I think it should be possible.

Best regards

Robin

Thanks Robin for your help.
I tested it (having an active user session on the Server), and I am not having success. The PDFPrinter queue receives the File, but the file is not being sent to a Folder Location on the Server (I have specified a folder location within the PDFCreator application 1.7.2).

If I print a Test Page from the PDFCreator App on the Server, the test page is successfully saved to the Folder Location on the Server. It is as if the PDFPrinter is not communicating with the PDFCreator App.
Should I just attempt to install PDFCreator Server 1.2.0? Any other suggestions?

Thanks, Dermot.

Hi,

yes I'd suggest to install PDFCreator Server 1.2, we will be able to offer full support there.
In general, if the test page from inside the application works, but external print jobs don't go through, it is most likely an issue with permissions for the temporary spool folder, as the internal test page doesn't get spooled.

Best regards

Robin

Hi Robin. I persisted with PDFCreator 1.7.2. I resolved it by updating Regedit on the Server. I added for PDFCreator Program, under HKEY_USERS, and it now works successfully.
Many thanks for your help.