Filename is not changed

Hi,
I'm using PDFCreator 3.3.0 build 2468. I create new profile and set up Filename: myfile_<DateTime: dd.MM.yyyy> and safe this profile. When I want print some page (web, or doc) and set this new profile and give "create PDF", filname is no changed against this my setting (myfile_<DateTime: dd.MM.yyyy>). Where am I making mistake?

1 Like

Hi,

does it work if you bind the profile to the PDFCreator printer instead of selecting it during the print job?

Best regards

Robin

Hi,
only if I save this options (myfile_<DateTime: dd.MM.yyyy> ) to the default profile it is OK, but If I change it to another profile, file name is not changed according to preference of choosed profile.
I am using several profile and every profile has custom filename options and this does not work. In the old version of "PdfCreator 2" it worked.

Hi,

you can work around this by assigning one printer per profile and then directly printing to the desired printer.
Changing the profile during the print job will not overwrite the values inside the print job window, as the user might have changed these in advance.

Best regards

Robin

Hi,
It had to add about 10 printers :roll_eyes: , in the old version PdfCreator it worked without a problem :frowning: . Why did it work and now it does not work? This is one of the few features I've used a lot in version 2.

Sorry for the trouble,
we are still looking into it, but the original idea behind it was to not overwrite the path if a user first enters a path and then selects a profile afterwards. It seems like the check for this isn't working as intended but we weren't able to look at the code just yet.

I have always used the print to PDF by selecting a printer (PDFCreator), printing, setting up the profile that I currently need (the profile changed settings, including filename), and then "Save" and it worked. Now I have to manually change file names.
Are somewhere older versions of PDFCreator available on the Internet?

1 Like

The workflow you describe is probably used by many users and we didn't intend to break it, selecting a profile in the print job window should overwrite the path in all cases were it wasn't manually modified in advance.
I have reopened the original ticket to get this fixed for one of the next versions.

In the meanwhile, if you like you can download PDFCreator 2.5.3 from our server:
http://download.pdfforge.org/download/pdfcreator/2.5.3/PDFCreator-2_5_3-Setup.exe?file=PDFCreator-2_5_3-Setup.exe

Best regards

Robin

Thanks, I hope it will be fixed soon :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I second that... Great software up to that point.

1 Like

I second that, too! It is no help like this.

Hi,

it is fixed in production code and the update fixing it should get released this week.

Best regards

Robin