Filename - Printing with Autodesk Revit 201X

Hei out there,

we have the problem while printing single/multiple plans there are different filename-suggestions presentated by PDFCreator:
-single plan: only projectname
- multiple plans: projectname followed by plannumber / -name

We would like to have always plannumber / -name included. Is there a way to set this ?

Other PDF-Printers (PDF free) tested doing this well. The file-part in dialog is grey and plannumber / -name are given while printing single plan…

See some screenis here

With kind regards
Heiko

Hi,

PDFCreator only uses what it gets from the printing application. You can try to use a differnet token like , but usually this doesn’t get sent by the printing application (not sure if Revit does this or not).

best regards,

Hi Robin.W,

I'm having similar issues along with Heiko's. I've had some success with the process. So far my files come out as:

Sheet - [Sheet Number] [Sheet Name].pdf

'Sheet - [Sheet Number] & [Sheet Name]' being parameter values/names coming in from Revit. I suspect that the Revit name input is coming from "sheet set view" (will makes sense to me and Heiko) and is being pulled into the automatic naming process by the token under conversion.

Which would explain why I only get the token result when I disable automatic saving (from within the profile settings).

However, if i change the Title to " " and then print. The token is then ignored?

That said, I have a macro that can override the file save path (so Revit dictates not PDFCreator (set to ) but the same macro cannot override the file name format.

Any suggestions? FYI Macro's are coding (C#, VB.NET) that work within the Revit Application. Lastly, is it possible to override 

Heiko, one thing I found works is if you use Revit to EXPORT DWF/DWFx you can then right click on the .DWFx file and select print. Ensure your PDFCreator settings are:

Title (under Document Tab) is

Target Folder (under Auto-Save Tab) is

Not the most efficient, but significantly faster than printing it manually and easier than renaming each .pdf file that is generated.

Kind Regards,

Ben

Heiko,

One thing I found works is if you use Revit to export DWF/DWFx you can then right click on the .DWFx file and select print. Ensure your PDFCreator settings are:

Title (under Document Tab) is

Target Folder (under Auto-Save Tab) is

Not the most efficient, but significantly faster than printing it manually and easier than renaming each .pdf file that is generated.

Kind Regards,

Ben

Sorry about the above posts, something off is going on my end!

Ben

Hi Ben

I’m not having any luck with Sheet Number / Sheet Name in PDF Creator and Revit. CAn you tell me what your profile setting are? Maybe just a screen shot? Thanks