HotFolder & PDFCreator not converting to JPG files consisently

This is exactly how I have it set up. Yet, it seems that the setting are not working when using this type of setup. When I convert the pdf files using the defined profile & printer, it does not convert the pdf properly to the correct jpg image based on my settings. I am using 600 dpi, 75%, 16 million colors. The first attachment will be from using the defined setup I have created and converted using HotFolder.

The second file will be a jpg file from a drag & drop into PDF Creator with the same settings. You can look at the borders and see how they are greatly different.

I want it to match this file when I have defined my setup to use the profiles & printers, which it is currently not doing. I cannot load the pdf file. If you send me a message, I will respond with it via email.

Hi,

sorry for the late answer, it seems this was overlooked for a while. In theory, both the HotFolder and the drag&drop onto the PDFCreator window will check your registry for the command to print the jpg to the PDFCreator printer, with the only difference being one is sent to the PDFCreator printer, which uses its associated profile and the other goes to the HotFolder printer which uses the HotFolder profile. Are you sure the settings are identical for both printers (do they use the same profile)?

Best regards

Robin

The settings are the same, but they use different profiles.

can you let me know what you need to see for the differences? I just ran them again and have to do a drag and drop and I want this to be done through HotFolder. Thanx in advance.

Jerry

Hi Jerry,

if you set the HotFolder printer as default PDFCreator printer and then drag&drop the file, do you get the same result as the previous drag&drop attempt, or is it the same as the HotFolder output? Perhaps the settings of the actual virtual printers have some differences (e.g. DPI settings). Can’t really think of anything else at the moment.

Best regards

Robin

I need ti test this when I am on the Terminal Server version. When we get the license in place for this product,then I will let you know. Thanx in advance.

Robin,

In response, if you set the HotFolder printer as default PDFCreator printer and then drag&drop the file, do you get the same result as the previous drag&drop attempt, or is it the same as the HotFolder output?
A. I get the same result as the previous drag&drop. This is where everything comes out just fine. I start up HotFolder and put the same pdf files and and now the margins are messed up. The results are different from the drag & drop, when I compare it to using the HotFolder. I checked the dpi and it is set as 600 for both of them or the same profile really. If you need examples or screen prints, plz let me know exactly what you want and I will send it. Thanx in advance.

Jerry

Robin,

This is NOT working. I have performed much analysis and replied to your message via email. It is called Hot_Folder_Issues.zip. Plz let me know when you get this and let me know your thoughts. The jpg file is very different than the drag & Drp jpg file The drag & drop result is what I want to come from HotFolder. Thanx in advance.

Jerry