How fully close pdfarchitect, even from the Task Manger?

how fully close pdfarchitect, even from the Task Manger?

I don't use pdf files enough to let PDFArchitect to stay running in background and use up resources. But when i close pdfarchitect, parts are still active in Task Manager. How do I fully close PDFArchitect without having to go into Task Manager to kill the modules?

Hi,

in Options -> General you're able to deactivate the option "Hibernate on Close for Fast Launch", that should shut down most processes. :slight_smile:

Deactivating the Notification System and Update Notification might not hurt as well but make sure to look for new updates manually from time to time.

1 Like

thank you Florian, that did shut down most processes (and solved a problem i had but was in another post).

I still see 3 processes in Task Manager, and the only way i see to remove them is to Delete them in Task Manager.

Why did the developers decide to leave these running?

You're welcome.

I'm not 100% sure but from what I know:

• the PDF Architect 6 Creator Process/Service is needed for the PDF Architect printer. (If you use PDFCreator and therefore not need the PDF Architect printer you can deactivate the service.)
  • The update service is needed to look for new updates. Apart from not being able to update PDF Architect, I didn't face any special troubles after deactivating the service. Set it's start type to "manual" if it's really bothering you.
  • The PDF Architect 6 service is needed to start and use the application. Don't deactivate the PDF Architect 6 service. I cannot tell why they don't shut down the service after closing PDF Architect but I can ask them if you really wish to know. :slight_smile:

Florian,

Please tell developers to make a simple and Complete termination of all processes. The current Hibernation option is good - maybe a second option for Complete Shut Down.

I don't use pdf's often enough (like 1 or 2 times a month) to have any PDF Architect process stay active and thereby use my limited Memory resources.

Thank you.

PS, i did buy the $49 Professional version.

2 Likes