Impossible to merge two or more file

Hello,
Recently I have upgraded Pdfcreator from 1.7 to 2.5.2.
with the new version there i some trouble that i cant figure out.

1. Everytime I print a file, “application settings” and “profile settings” window appears
  2. I can’t merge two or more files. I followed the instruction but when i try to print the second file it doesn’t appear in the merge/queque list
    Please help me

Hi,

it sounds like the update might not have worked properly; you shouldn’t get the window with the application/profile settings after printing. Usually this happens when the pdfcmon.dll in C:\Windows\system32 couldn’t get replaced during the setup. Which version does the pdfcmon.dll have on your system?

Best regards,

Robin

file version of pdfcmon.dll 0.3.0.0

Hi,

that should still be the file from PDFCreator 1.7.3.
As a first attempt, please uninstall PDFCreator 2.5.2, restart your computer and check if the pdfcmon.dll is still there. If it is gone, you can now install v 2.5.2 again and this time it should work.
If it is still there,
please take the following steps to fix the problem:

1. Run cmd.exe as admin
  2. enter the command “net stop spooler” (leave the cmd open afterwards, you will need it again in step 4)
  3. Delete the pdfcmon.dll
  4. in cmd, enter the command “net start spooler”
  5. Run the setup for PDFCreator 2.5.2 again

Best regards,

Robin

Hi Robin,
I followed your instructions and i solved the problem
Thank you very much.

I tried to reinstall 2.5.2 many times, but still not work, even the example included in the installer.

I copy PDFCreator.exe to bin\debug folder, and referenced it. The using statement changed to pdfforge.PDFCreator.UI.COM becouse pdfforge.PDFCreator.COM not found. I can create object, get value from Queue object, but can’t merge, converto…