Inserting .pdf's

I am using the Insert module a lot, and have been having problems when I insert 300 dpi jpeg images, as they lose some of their clarity. I tried to solve the problem by converting them to pdf first, however now I cannot insert them because they are pdf’s. What should I try next?

(My project is to place poker-sized cards onto a template for a printing service to print them out.)

Hi,

please try using a lossless image format like png or bmp instead, jpeg uses lossy compression which might cause the loss of clarity. However, it will not help to convert the jpeg files to png or bmp, the images need to be created using lossless compression in the first place i order to maintain their full quality.

Best regards,

Robin

Thanks, will give it a try. Am I to understand that .pdf’s cannot be inserted?

Hi,

you can insert entire pages or individual elements of PDFs only, it isn’t possible to e.g. take a stamp sized PDF and insert it into a page of an exisiting PDF, it can only get inserted as completely new page.
You can however copy and paste elements from on PDF to the other, so it might work to select all elements of the first PDF and copying them into a second PDF, which would more or less be inserting the first PDF into a page of the second one.

Best regards,

Robin

Well, whether I use .png’s, .pdf’s or ,jpg’s, there is image quality loss AFTER the insert. I may have to find another .pdf editing program that doesn’t seem to dilute the quality as part of the insertion.

Hi,

thanks for the feedback, we will look into this and see if there are any bugs causing this.

Best regards,

Robin