Keeps on installing over and over - PDF creator- V1.7.1 - Windows 8.1 Pro x64

Hello all,

I'm currently running PDF creator 1.7.1 on a Windows 8.1 Pro x64 laptop, its installed all OK and was working fine for about 12 months but the other day it came up with the installation window.

I have ran though the installation but it keeps looping, the user can cancel it off and it works fine just annoying that it keeps happening.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling but it does the same thing, i have also tried to put version 3.2.2 on and that does the same thing as well.

Does anyone know why this could be happening?

Kind Regards
Ben

Hi,

could you post a screenshot of the window you get, is it a regular installation window or does it contain some kind of error message?

Best regards

Robin

Hello,

Thank you for the quick reply.

I will get a screenshot over to you in due course as the user is on annual leave until the 4th of Sept.

Kind Regards
Ben

Ok no problem, we will have a look a t it then. Please post the screen you get with version 3.2.2, since
1.7.1 is no longer supported.
If it is the same screen in both versions, it is most likely an issue with a corrupt/broken MSI installation and not directly related to (but perhaps triggered by) PDFCreator.

Hello,

please see below for the screenshot of what is happening.

pdf%20creator%20looping

This is what keeps happening on all versions, it just looks but if you click cancel about 5 times it finally opens and works fine.

Regards
Ben Brown

Hi,

this is none of PDFCreator own setup or program windows, I am afraid it must be an issue with the general system configuration, but I don't know what could be causing it.

Best regards

Robin