PDF automatically creates an incorrect hyperlink

I have a document in Microsoft Publisher, and it contains a URL to a website. I have not created a hyperlink for this URL, it’s simply the URL in text.

When I convert this to a PDF, the PDF document now has a clickable link where the URL is, but the link doesn’t work because the URL in the background is spelled incorrectly!

How is this even possible when I have not created the hyperlink myself? It PDF creator has taken it upon itself to make the URL a clickable link, why is it spelled differently to what’s in the document?!

Hi Beth,

good question indeed, what is the text of the link?
I am not sure if the link is added by PDFCreator, or if this is done by the PDF viewer when it discovers a link in the PDF’s text.
I will try to reproduce this here.

Best regards,

Robin

The text in the Publisher document is www. fitfortravel .nhs.uk but the PDF creates the hyperlink www. fifortravel .nhs.uk (with the “t” in fit missing)

PS - the spaces in the URLs above are only there because this site won’t let me post URLs

Hi,

i just created a test document and PDFCreator didn’t include any link information, but most viewers automatically added a hyperlink. Can you try opening the PDF in a different viewer? Most likely it is a bug in the viewer.

Best regards,

Robin