PDF Creator 3.2

I am trying to install PDF Creator, the free version, in an enterprise environment where our users do not have admin rights on the PC's. Because of that I am trying to disable the auto-update check and set it to Never. I can do this on a per user basis, but I am trying to disable the auto-update for every user on the PC. I am following the deployment guide from pdfforge but none of the methods work. Even when I put the registry keys to into .DEFAULT key it still doesn't take it... I have noticed that all settings are deleted when I uninstall PDF Creator, but then when I install, it will create the default settings under HKCU BEFORE I ever even launch the program, therefore it never takes the settings in the .DEFAULT keys. If I delete the settings in the HKCU before launching Creator, then it works fine and takes the keys in .DEFAULT. But, obviously not every user is going to be able to go there and delete those keys before launching the program.
Please advise.
Thank you.

Hi,

in PDFCreator Business you can set this per GPO, the .DEFAULT method of predefining settings is only useful for Terminal Servers. You can however provide an .inf or .reg file with your preferred settings during the setup, which should do the trick:

http://docs.pdfforge.org/pdfcreator/3.2/en/pdfcreator/installing-pdfcreator/setup-command-line-parameters/

Best regards

Robin

Thank you for your reply. Using the /regfile worked for me. Thank you.