PDF Creator 3 save as

So I installed 3.0 and immediately realized it’s a MASSIVE downgrade from 2 that was a MASSIVE downgrade from 1 in usability. Before I uninstall 3 and go back to 2, I need to know how I get the Windows’ Save As dialog box to come up. The 3.x default save box is a DISASTER and the absolute reason why I may go back to 2 and just skip any future upgrades. That said, 2 was a major downgrade from 1 because one must use their mouse to click Save to get the Save As dialog box to come up. I don’t know who uses this at PDFForge, but clearly you don’t use this on any kind of regular basis or you’d realize how much of a pain this is. Maybe this is your way to force people to buy the paid-for products, but I don’t need all the other fluff, I just need the ability to see the Save As dialog box 100% of the time.

Hi,

in all versions of PDFCreator it is possible to configure the workflow to show only the save file dialog directly, for version 3.x the setting is located in the “save” section of the profile settings and called “Skip print dialog”.
We have our software installed on all office machines and use it very regularly, please keep in mind other workflows might substantially differ from yours and PDFCreator aims to provide optimal workflows for all types of scenarios. This is only possible by offering a lot of individually configurable options, which in return means it might require to take a look at the manual to find the optimal configuration for your scenario.

Best regards,

Robin

@Robin.W

With all due respect, your post is factually incorrect and is condescending. Did you read my post? I was very clear what didn’t work. In 3.x, the “Skip print dialog” is grayed out and REQUIRES PAYMENT to enable. Since you appear to work for PDFCreator I’m guessing your organization provides FREE copies of your paid product to its employees. So go back and try what the rest of us use and report back about how it’s possible to skip this. It’s beyond disruptive to ANYONE’s workflow which is why I’m sure you’ve made it paid-only because without that option using your product is a disaster. I’m either going to find a new product or upgrade to PDFCreator 1.x where I can actually get work done without messing with this disaster of a product that is 3.x.

Actually, I think I may just go to Windows 10’s Print to PDF driver. Clean, simple, no fuss, AND takes me right to the Save As dialog box!!! Boom, you’re irrelevant to 99% of your users who have Windows 10.

Let me know when you allow us to use bare-bones basic settings again and I’ll reinstall 3.x, until then, I see no reason to use your product OR to recommend them to my customers all over the country.

@Robin.W

Problem solved:

http://download.pdfforge.org/download/pdfcreator/2.5.3/PDFCreator-2_5_3-Setup.exe?file=PDFCreator-2_5_3-Setup.exe

Hi,

you are correct, the feature is now part of the plus version, which I didn’t have in mind when writing my original response.
The workflow you originally described doesn’t use this feature at all, so I thought it might help to point it out.
It is totally fine if you stick to any older version, if you like it better.

Best regards,

Robin