PDF Creator on Printer Server

We have a Windows 2012 Printer Server and installed PDF Creator using the AutoSave Profile, so that it can quietly create a PDF File in a specific folder. When testing within the server it works perfectly. When I try to print from another PC, I can see the file getting into the print spooler and leaving, but it doesn’t create the PDF file.

I’m also having the same issue with the latest version 2.4.1

Hi,

in order to run PDFCreator on a print server to handle remote print jobs, you will need PDFCreator Server. The regular version will only convert jobs coming from the local machine( that is why it worked when testing on the server directly).
http://www.pdfforge.org/pdfcreator-server

Best regards,

Robin

I have the print server version and I have found that this is not the case, is there someone that explain the setup instructions and how they are different from the regular one. I set them up the same but still only works locally.

Hi,

please contact support(at)pdfforge.org with your OrderID for priority support. The main difference is PDFCreator Server runs as Windows serive so you need to configure the service to run from a user account which has access to the desired output paths.

Best regards,

Robin

Thanks, I will try that, does that mean that user account needs to always be logged in on the server for that service to run correctly?

-Craig

Hi,

no the user account doesn't need to be logged in, it only needs to run under an account with sufficient permissions. By default it runs under the local system account so there might be problems writing to network paths. We recommend creating an individual account for the PDFCreator Server service or to run it under a domain admin account.
However, I doubt this can cause an "invalid printer" error code which you mentioned in your other post and will need to ask our team what could lead to this, as I never heared about this happening before.

Best regards,

Robin