PDF Creator won't bring up print screen if a PDF file is open

Hello
I am finding that PDF creator will not bring up the PDF printing options if a PDF file is already open. If I close the open PDF file the list of previous jobs are there and I can print them.

Is there a way to allow PDF Creator to print PDF files when a PDF file is already open?

Hi,

I am afraid I don’t understand the question. Please describe the problem as detailed as possible.
Which viewer are you printing the PDFs from and which version of PDFCreator do you currently have installed?
Are you using the action to automatically open the created PDFs in your default system viewer and do you have any additional script actions enabled?

Best regards,

Robin

Sorry for not being very clear

If a user has a PDF file open in Adobe Acrobat Reader and they go and print a PDF file using PDFCreator then the printing options window for PDF Creator does not appear until the PDF file is closed. Once it is closed then a list of the previously printed PDF files appear.

Have an older version of PDF Creator and have no additional script. I am using the option to automatically open the created PDF file.

Hi,

I tried to reproduce the issue with the latest PDFCreator and Adobe Reader versions, but everything worked correctly here. Please update to the latest version to check if this fixes the issue on your end.

Best regards,

Robin