Pdf zoom in print

Hello,

is it possible to set the zoom at the time of PDF generation with PDF creator server?

Thank you

Hi,

sorry I am afraid this isn't possible. You can set the initial view, (Single/floating/double page, odd pages left/right)
but it isn't possible to the set the zoom level.

Best regards

Robin

Hello,

thank you for your reply. Why in a pro version you can not change all the parameters of a PDF?

if I change the option in the settings advance the printer on Windows ... hack no?

Hi,

I am not sure if the initial zoom factor is a direct setting inside the PDF, it looks like Adobe inserts an "on Open" JavaScript action which then sets the zoom.
I can suggest to have a look at this feature in our next team meeting and see if we can make this available in PDFCreator with reasonable effort and if it seems like something which might be useful for other users.
It is always a balance between keeping the configuration effort low while still offering as much functionality as needed and some very specific settings have been left out on purpose (and have never been requested by anybody). You can add additional Ghostscript parameters in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\pdfforge\PDFCreator Server\Settings\Queues\n\Ghostscript
but I didn't find any setting in the Ghostscript docs to change the zoom for the initial view.

Changing the options in the virtual printer might work, depending on what you are trying to achieve, but it will permanently modify the documents appearance instead of just setting the initial zoom level.

Best regards

Robin

Hello,
Thank you for that answer. indeed i nobody asks for this modification i understand that you do not develop it.

In fact the original problem is that my document is close to the margin and that once integrated in pdf creator I have the impression that the margins are different and my document is truncated.

Keep me informed if you have any tips :slight_smile:

Hi,

are you using the print action to print the generated document onto a hardware printer, or do the margins already look wrong inside the PDF created by PDFCreator Server? Have you already checked the page layout settings / margins inside the software you are printing the document from?

Best regards

Robin

the document coming out of the application has short margins but that are sufficient for a photocopier or printer. As soon as the document goes into a spool PDFcreator the margins are reduced again :frowning:

Hi,

I am not sure what could be causing this. Is it the actual PDF viewed on screen which has too short margins, or does this only happen if you use the automatic print action inside PDFCreator to print afterwards?

Best regards

Robin

Hello, sorry for the late response. It is indeed a problem of margin too short on the document of origin. I leave the document dematerialized. Can we change the margin? Thank you