PDFCreator through Task scheduler

I have PDF creator Business 2.5 installed in Windows server 2012 R2 server. I’ve created a task in Windows task scheduler. This task is supposed to connect to the application and print a report using PDFCreator save it in a shared folder. This batch job work just fine when I use the option ‘Run only when the user is logged on’. But when I use the option “Run whether user is logged on or not”, PDF is not getting created in the shared folder. The user id that we use for the job has read/write privilege on the shared folder. Do I need to have do anything specific when we use the option “Run whether user is logged on or not” ? Please let me know if you need any other details. Thanks in advance.

Vineeth

Hi,

PDFCreator always requires a logged on user to run in the user’s session. The only edition which will operate properly without any user logged on is PDFCreator Server, which runs as service in session 0.

Best regards,

Robin

Thanks Robin.

Here is our situation.
We have two Windows 2012 R2 servers - one is a terminal server (PDF creator terminal version 2.5 installed) and the second one is a normal server (PDF Creator Business 2.5 version installed). Batch job has been scheduled on both these servers to connect to the application and print a report using PDFCreator save it in a shared folder. The user id that we are using for the batch will not always be logged on to the server.

What we need is - to schedule the jobs and have it run whether the user is logged in or not. Can you please let us know what is the best option to handle this situation. ? Can we use the Business and Terminal version as services on the Windows 2012 R2 server.

Could you please give us a contact who can work with us on this. ? We are using the licensed version of Business and Terminal version of PDF Creator.

Thank you.

Vineeth

Hi,

I will reply through our ticket system so you’ll automatically get the contact.
In general the only official way to solve this will require PDFCreator Server, or to always have the user logged in.

Best regards,

Robin

Thanks Robin. We will purchase the Server version.