Print after Saving printable file size too big

So basically title says it all.

I’m trying to use the “print after saving” function, but my printer takes too long to respond and actually print
after quite a while of searching i figured out that this is because of the printed file being ~25Mb, even though the saved PDF is ~80kb.
The thing is, when i print without PDFCreator the printable file size is ~60-80kb.

My question is, how do i reduce the printable file size of the printable document? and why is it that big in the first place?

Thank you in advance,
Just another Newbie

anyone?
i really need to print as well as saving the pdf, but 25mb just takes too long to print

Hi,

the “print after saving” function actually uses Ghostscript to print the postscript file to the printer, which should in theory be the same as printing the original document to the printer directly. Which application are you initially printing from and could you provide a sample document which can be used to reproduce the problem (to support(at)pdfforge.org)?

Best regards,

Robin

The application im using is a hotel reservation/front office application called Triton… You shouldn’t have heard of it… The think is, I’m trying to print invoices generated by the app to PDF and paper at the same time to save time… Invoices sent to the printer directly from Triton are ~80kb each… And invoices printed to PDF are of the same size… It’s only when using print after save that the invoice’s size jumps to 25mb… I could send you the generated PDF file if that helps…