Recent Update for Architect 4 Causes Problems

This morning, I had an automatic update message when I opened Architect 4. I updated it and then Windows 10 refused to make it the default program for pdfs. Then, as I was using it, the “Extract Image” function would not work. It saved something, but it was an unreadable file, regardless of the file type I chose to save it.I deleted the program and then reinstalled it from the pdfforge website. Same results. Then I tried to install Architect 4 on my laptop (Windows 10) and Windows refused to install it, giving me a message that it would damage my computer.

I am on deadline for a project where I need Architect. Please help!

Dear Bucky,

we aren’t aware of these problems and they aren’t reproducible on our test machine or been reported by other users.
In case there is an unknown compatibility issue with the current version and your system, you could try to install the previous version here: http://download.pdfforge.org/go/pdfarchitect4/business/pdfarchitect4-gpo.zip
(it is an archive with MSI installers, unpack it anywhere on your machine and run the MSIs for all modules you have, starting with the “startup” MSI, use the x64 MSIs unless you have an x86 system).
Please remove your existing version before installting the MSI.
There is a known issue in the previous version regarding the windows explorer shell integration so please disable this when you install the create MSI.

Best regards,

Robin