[SOLVED]Do setup process reboot Windows spooler?

Hi,

I would install PDFCreator on one of our servers which still runs Windows Server 2003 but it’s our labels printing server (we are food manufacturer) and I’m worry about the fact that the setup process would reboot Windows spooler service and make our thirty label printers crash…

Could you affirm to me that that will not happen, or must I wait for next sunday to proceed to this setup?

Thanks by advance for your replies and sorry for my English (please forgive French education!!).

Regards,

Martin

Dear Martin,

depending on which version you are going to install, the setup might reboot the spooler under some conditions.

To be safe I recommend to install PDFCreator to next sunday. If you can let me know which version you are going to install exactly, I can alsoo ask the developers about that specidfic version.

Best regards,

Robin

I thought install the last one available for download, the 2.3.1 version.

Thanks for your quick reply!

Martin

Dear Martin,

this will not run properly on the server unless all print jobs are created locally and there is always a user logged in.
For proper server usage, you will need the PDFCreator Server product, which runs as service::
http://www.pdfforge.org/pdfcreator-server
The server version might still restart the spooler if this is required, so best wait until Sunday.

Best regards,

Robin

OK, so I’ll do that! Thanks for your reactivity and have a great week end!

Regards,

Martin