Stop prompting for Avast install at the end!

I'm really surprised that no one has complained about this. At some point in recent releases (maybe this last one) PDFCreator started offering to install Avast antivirus software. However, it offers it at the very END of the process, and the "install" button is exactly where the "exit" button that one has grown accustomed to seeing at the end of the install would be. This is bordering on sleazy since you offer other optional software BEFORE doing the install and users would not expect to see another prompt at that point. Even worse, I accidentally installed it and a normal uninstall will not work and I'm apparently going to have to reboot my machine into Safe Mode for the removal process to run. So not only are you offering the software in a questionable manner, the software itself behaves poorly and really shouldn't even be associated with PDFCreator.

Bill

Hi Bill,

while I can understand your point, there are technically also good reasons for the offer screen to get shown at the end; if anything fails while installing the offer or loading the screen, PDFCreator is already installed and you simply don't get the offer/ad. T
Uninstalling the third party software should however work through the regular uninstall procedure, we will look into that.

Best regards

Robin

Well putting the "OK install" button where exit should be was particularly annoying, not to mention the silent install that resulted in my not realizing what had happened until it was too late.

I will also point out that Sun got a lot of bad publicity for adding in other software when installing Java and eventually stopped doing it.

So did you investigate this? I finally got around to rebooting in Safe Mode and was able to try the Uninstall (from Uninstall or change a program). However, when I clicked on Uninstall, an Avast program opened up which only offered the choice or modifying or repairing the install, not removing. Even when I unclicked all of the boxes in the modify option, it still remained. I finally had to download their Avast Uninstall program from their website and that worked.

Avast does not behave nicely and you should not associate your program with it. It reflects poorly that you installed something that I had to go to extreme measures to remove from my machine.

Hi,

I wasn't able to reproduce the issue, I was able to uninstall using the standard control panel workflow. Clicking on uninstall did launch an Avast window but it clearly contained an uninstall button.
I tested this on a Win7/x64 system, which system did you encounter the error on?
Perhaps it is an OS specific issue.

Best regards

Robin