Urgent Urgent How do I get these programs off my system?

OMFG, I moved to help my fiance’s mother who is battling cancer. I am looking for employment and I need to access my resumes in pdf format. Well I thought these two programs would help, they have just made my life more miserable. Because they won’t let me upload my resume, they won’t let me use any other program. How do I get PDF Creator and PDF Architect 4 off of my system. Usually and most times 99.9% of the time Iobit Uninstaller gets rid of a program when I need it to. Well at least PDF Architect 4 is still taking over my system. Can someone please send me a removal tool or some direction to remove it. And can i ask why we are still making programs that overtake systems and embed themselves so deep in the operating ssytem where they don’t need to be. Thank you. Help would be great as soon as someone can help me get rid of these programs. I am running Windows 8.1 x64 Home Edition

Hi,

usually simply uninstalling via the command line will completely remove PDF Architect.
In some cases it seems no uninstall entry is created, in whcih case running the installer again is the easiest solution.
There is nothing in PDF Architect which “takes over the system” or could prevent you from uploading your PDF or using it in a different application. All it does is change the default application for opening PDFs if this isn’t deselcted during the install.

Best regards,

Robin

Well I had to use Iobit Professional Uninstaller to get rid of just what I could find in my system, then if it doesn’t take over anything in someone’s system,why do you need to lock files for a pdf software program. I had it use Iobit Professional Unlocker to unlock and delete the files the Uninstaller would delete. And then I still have remnants in my system. When I go into my documents file and try to open a pdf file. It now and didn’t before open in the default program that I changed it too. Also when I go to my documents file and highlight a pdf file, and right click on that file guess what appears, print with PDF Architect 4 or Edit with PDF Architect 4, It would be nice that when you make a program you have the decency to have a removal program that removes everything that was downloaded. Don’t you think that is fair. I mean until this program I thought they stopped doing that years ago. Even Iobit which I hated at one time, stopped it, they just figured it was easier to provide a product and not get into changing your browser and getting into everything else. So is thre some removal tool, that you have to get rid of Architect 4, I think I might have gotten rid of PDF Creator.

and if it doesn’t overtake anything how come i was able to upload a resume after I got rid of most it, but when I had the full program, i couldn’t. yes i know about the default program,even then i changed it another program and it would open, gave an error. also when i open the pdf file now, to left i should be able to see the file, can’t because it says the file can’t open because of an error in the PDF Architect 4 Preview Handler. I don’t want it to handle anything just get it off my system. UNREAL

Hi,

please don’t get me wrong,
of course it should be easily possible to uninstall and it is not our intention to make the removal complicated at all, Did you try to use the default uninstall method at first, or did you use lobit uninstaller right away ?
There is a pretty bad bug somewhere in the setup which in rare cases leads to an installation in which no uninstall entry is created. If this happens, it is sufficient to run the installer once again to completely uninstall the application.

We can’t do anything about third party tools interacting with our setup/uninstall in an incorrect way.

Here is a link to the uninstall tool: http://owncloud.pdfforge.org/index.php/s/YYClRD4lNafeR6F
It might not work at all if lobit created a mess.

How did you go about uploading the resume? I can’t possible imagine this was caused by PDF Architect, but will gladly try to reproduce this here on a test machine.
The only instantly clear issue is the one connected to the preview handler: PDF Architect does install a preview handler for PDFs (in this regard it does change system settings, you are right). Lobit now seems to have removed the preview handler without removing the reference. If our uninstall tool can’t fix this I will check with our developers how to do this manually.

Best regards

Robin

Can someone please tell me how to get this off my system. I don’t want to see anything afterwards that has the words PDF Architect 4 in it when I uninstall the program, should I or do I have to download the program again and will it get rid of everything. God I hate programs like this, they can install it on your system, but they can’t make it come off your system just as easy as they put it on.

I assume there is no uninstall entry in the Windows control panel?
If not, you can use the uninstall tool from http://owncloud.pdfforge.org/index.php/s/YYClRD4lNafeR6F

Normally an uninstall entry is created which should lead to a clean uninstall and we totally agree the uninstall should be just as easy as the install. Unfortunately, the problem isn’t reproducible on any of our test systems, so it is difficult to find the conditions under which no entry is created during the setup. Did you install PDF Architect standalone, or together with PDFCreator? Which Windows is running on your machine?

Sorry for the trouble.

Best regards,

Robin

Well I gave what system I was using in the initial part of this question,but again I am using windows 8.1 x 64. And the link you gave me is to the download tool. Se the things that I was talking about with this program and why I want it off my system is also added a search engine to my browser. I don’t like programs that do other things that they have no need doing. so can you tell me the link with the correct removal tool. thank you

Well your right that was the uninstaller,sorry about that. Well I ran it and then it eventually took me to Iobit power scan, and deleted the rest of the left over files that the program embeds deep in your system, well lets give it a few days and see what happens, when I used the tool. i did take notice the system changing default programs and resetting itself.