1-5-0 install error

On the last click to terminate the installation a pop up appears with a : Run Time error (at 258:383) access violation at address 7C939F07. Read of address 3D524559 !!

Can any one help ?

I have been doing some cleaning (including temp files) on the machine (Windows XP) previously to the install incase it is relevant.

I have just spent way to much time finding where this post went to. NOT A VERY SMOOTH TRANSITION TO THE NEW FORUM! Now i do not see a way to attach a file…so i am going to try and cut-n-paste from my explicit word document.
HERE IS WHAT I HAVE TRIED! THERE ARE SOME PICTURES INCLUDED. I HOPE THEY COME THROUGH ALRIGHT.
PDFCreator Uninstall

1. After the uninstall I received this message…

2. I found a “PDFCreator” folder under the “C:\Program Files” and deleted it.

3. I did a “Cold Boot” (powered down)

4. Ran “PDFCreator-1_5_0_setup.exe”…

5. I got the same error as I noted in my original post.

6. I uninstalled the PDFCreator again and removed the left over “PDFCreator” folder in the “C:\Program Files” folder… again.

7. I did a “Cold Boot” (powered down)… again.

8. I did the “net Stop Spooler again.

9. Re-Ran “PDFCreator-1_5_0_setup.exe”. Selecting this installation…
    I do not need the Security software as I already have my own.

10. I still got the same errors. It still finds I have Windows NT when I actually have Windows XP.

11. I unstalled everything… again and RE-installed ver 1.1.0.

12. Ver 1.1.0 installed but when using it I get two errors. These are the following…

and

For both of these errors I can click on the “Next Command” and the pdf is generated just fine.
ANY IDEA WHAT NEEDS TO BE DONE TO ELIMINATE THESE TWO ERRORS?

PS: after creating the pdf if I move the file to a different folder it will not open in the pdf reader.

That's strange. Is PDFCreator installed anyway? And if so: does it work? The last step should basically show the help file (if chosen before) and close the setup, so everything should be fine then. But of course there shouldn't be such an error...

I have cleaned up my register and reinstalled. Now I don't have any more this error message, but it still doesn't work. The printer appears in an excel file but it would create the pdf : no new window open as it used to be with the 1-4-3. Could it be a compatibility problem with something ? 

I just installed PDFCreator 1.5.0 and it automatically uninstalled ver 1.1.0 just fine. Near the end of the installation it indicated a couple of errors and to check the “SetupLog.txt” file.
The log file contained these errors

Install printerdriver for Win2kXP2k3 (32bit):
 Drivername : PDFCreator
 Environment : Windows NT x86
 Result: Error 5 = Access is denied

InstallPrinter:

Printername: PDFCreator
 Drivername : PDFCreator
 Portname   : pdfcmon
 Result: Error 1797 = The printer driver is unknown

No printer has been installed!

I do not know where the Windows NT came from as I am running Windows XP and have latest updates. Of course the printer “PDFCreator” was nowhere to be found.

I have manually uninstalled and re-installed the PDFCreator and the problem persists.

I hope we can find a solution to this problem soon. I have been using this for a few years and it is my default printer. Some of the applications I use do undetermined things with printouts and this allows me to see what the printed pages will look like without wasting paper and ink.

Hi,

it looks like the old printer driver was not successfully removed while uninstalling, please try rebooting your PC after uninstalling and run the setup afterwards, if you still get the same error you might have to type "net stop spooler" into the windows cmd before setup additionally.

regards,

Robin

Hi Waltz,

sorry for the inconvinience,
we are looking into this, to help you with your two errors I recommend using version 1.2.3 instead of 1.1.0 untill we have found out why this error occurs on some systems (on my work xp machine I was not able to reproduce this behaviour yet)

regards,

Robin

/* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman";}

<![endif]–>

Robin,

PS:
i did not have all of those blank lines in that post above. i used one line between each paragraph. i did have to remove an extra blank line between paragraphs after pasting from my word document… and it still gave a LOT of extra blank lines between each paragraph.

Waltz

Hi,

the forum is very different from the old one and some things might be confusing at first but in total it is a big improvement.
You can bookmark discussions, the settings for notifications can be found under profile-> My Preferences.
It would be great if you could send us that word doc with the information to supportATpdfforge.org. (pls add the complete setuplog.txt for the failed 1.5.0 setup if you still have it).
Older versions can be found here:
http://download.pdfforge.org/download/pdfcreator/list

regards,

Robin