Building PDFCreator

Hello,

I'm trying to modify PDFCreator. I want to add a function that will upload generated files to web server (web services), but to make this I have to build source code. So far I have:

• computer with Microsoft Windows XP Professional
  • Visual Basic 6.0 Service Pack 6
  • downloaded PDFCreator from SVN (tag Version 0.9.9)

With this I have compiled projects (files):

• transtool.exe
  • PDFSpool.exe (with a little modification - added dummy class clsNullErrorHandler and used it in modMain - ErrPtnr As New NullErrorHandler)
  • PDFCreator.exe
  • ManifestManager.exe
  • LangInstall.exe

I couldn't build DeveloperTool (not defined GetPDFCreatorTempfolder) and InstallService (StopService). Is that required? If yes - what I have to do to compile those files. Few other required files I got after installing PDFCreator (pdfenc.exe).

I also tried to make instalation using ispack-5.3.8-unicode (I had to add few modifications to script), htmlhelp (4.71.1015.0), ghostscript (8.71w32), redmon17 x86 and 64bit, Adobe Universal PostScript Windows Driver Insaller 1.0.6 English. I was able to get executable file (PDFCreator-0.9.9-setup.exe), but when I'm running it at step with printer name when I press next I got a message "Runtime Error (at 47:129): Could not call proc.".

Could anyone help me with?

Hello,

maybe you are doing too much work there. Why do you modify PDFCreator für uploading files? You can also define an action to be called after the file is generated that does this, which would enable you to use an unmodified PDFCreator.

kind regards,
Philip

Hello,

thanks. This option looks mutch better that what I wanted to do.

Then I have another question. Can I make a script (vbs or other), to modifi PDFCreator settings, that is:

1. Add Options Profile with predefined settings (PDF options, Autosave, selected postprocessing script) - I can save options and load them, but is there a way to make this from a script?

2. Add a printer with name with selected options profile added in first step.

Thanks once again.

Greetings,
Rysiek

I have read that I can add printer trough command line:

PDFCreator.exe /InstallWindowsPrinter"PrinterName"

But I don't know how to add options profile and set it to installed printer. I don't know if it is possible with COM interface...

Hi,

>ftp upload

You can use the script ftpupload.vbs coming with PDFCreator as Action after saving.

All the other requested features are available in version 1.0 via com. This version is available as test version in the next days

Best regards,

Hello,

I have seen this script and I'm working on my own for uploading files for my purposes. And the last thing I wanted is to distribute my script for end users without any knowledge od computer or PDFCreator. But if this will be avaible in next version, then this is all I wanted.

Thanks.

Im glad I found this web site, I couldnt find any knowledge on this matter prior to. Also operate a site and if you are ever interested in doing some visitor writing for me if possible feel free to let me know, im always look for people to check out my web site. Please stop by and leave a comment sometime!......   Victorian fireplace

Hi,

When will version 1.0 be ready for general use?

Regards.

Hello,

I recently installed the latest version of PDF creator.  Since the new installation I have not been able to print.  I do have a printer icon but when I select print I do not get the pop up window that asks for a file name or where I want to save the file.  I have tried unistalling and reinstalling but nothing seems to work.

Can anyone help me with this?

Hello, i need your help...

i maked the class NullErrorHandler an define the ErrPtnr object and the function in the class

Public Function OnError(ofisrt As String, olong As String)
    MsgBox ofisrt & " -> " & olong
End Function

but not found to print *.doc files or *.docx files, only fount to print the *.bmp files

please help me...

Hello, i need your help...

i maked the class NullErrorHandler an define the ErrPtnr object and the function in the class

Public Function OnError(ofisrt As String, olong As String)
    MsgBox ofisrt & " -> " & olong
End Function

but not found to print *.doc files or *.docx files, only fount to print the *.bmp files

please help me...