Cannot initialize PDF Creator

For some reason this message has started poping up when I invoke PDF Creator.  I have been using pdf creator successfully for 2 or 3 years until now.

I upgraded to 1.7.0 but the problem persists.

I have installed it on Win 7 boxes and call it from within MS Access to print reports to pdf.

Using code found on this site:

Set pdfjob = New PDFCreator.clsPDFCreator

With pdfjob
   If .cStart("/NoProcessingAtStartup") = False Then
      MsgBox "Can't initialize PDFCreator.", vbCritical + vbOKOnly, "PrtPDFCreator"
      Exit Function

This now regularly fails when I call it from within MS Access (office 2002), but mostly every other time I try to use it!  The first time I click the 'print' button on my form I get the error, then when I click the button a second time the pdf is created successfully!  Then it fails again, then it succeeds again!

All suggestions on fixing this greatfully appreciated. --Fred

Hi,

can you tell when this first started happening?
( was it directly after some update?)

regards,

Robin

Thanks for your reply, I think I have figured ot out.

I noticed that the 'Cannot initialize PDF Creator' would occur when I or a user clicked a 'print pdf' button while PDFCreator.exe was still running and visible through Task Manager because of a previous 'print pdf' option that the user took only moments before.  Apparently my application wasn't giving PDFCreator enough time to finish and close before trying to invoke it again, thus a collusion between PDFCreator instances.

So, I added a 'finished printing' message box at the end of each pdf job and instructed the user not to take another 'print pdf' option until they get the 'finished' message from the previous job.

So far so good, no more complaints that PDF Creator can't initialize.

Thanks for your help!  --Fred