Can't Upload to FTP

Hi guys,

I’m trying to upload the PDFCreator’s result to my FTP server with no luck.
Always getting the same error:

An error occured:
Could not login to FTP server. Please check Internet connection.

My FTP is working perfectly because I’m able to access it through FileZilla.

Can someone please point me to a correct FTP settings in the Profile Action section?

Thanks in advance
Zab.

Hi,

are you using autosave and if so, did you store your password in the PDFCreator options?
Otherwise there isn’t much to setup, if you enter a non existent directory it will create it for you.

regards,

Robin

Hey Robin,

What the “autosave” option is for? Can’t even find it.

About the password, the answer is yes. I did save it.

Finally, is the FTP “directory” mandatory or can I leave it empty (tried both without any luck)?

Regards
Zab

Oh one thing I’ve missed to mention.
I’m using FTP port 2121.

So in the Action settings, my server FTP url looks like:
ftp://192.168.1.23:2121

Is that correct?

Regards
Zab

Found a workaround I’d like to share.
Instead of using the FTP Action (which seems to be buggy), use the “Run Script” feature.

In my case, I’m calling a command line FTP client own and things are working correctly.

Anyway, someone should definitely document more how the “FTP Action” works via an example (or two) or fix it.

Regards
Zab

Hi,

you are right, there is a bug in the FTP upload, will be fixed in next version.

regards,

Robin

Hi,

If the directory destination is empty you have this bug …BUT if the destination is not empty FTP work fine …

Hi,

nobody has reported this in the last 3 years, are you using the latest version 2.5.1?

Best regards,

Robin

Yes the latest version 2.5.1 ( PDF Creator server )
Runing Under Windows srv 2012.

Best regards Patrice

Thanks for the feedback I will try to reproduce this here right away.

Hi,

I can’t confirm this, there must be additional conditions. Uploading into an empty folder on our test FTP worked without any problems. Leaving the setting for the target directory empty in PDFCreator also didn’t cause any problems. Please set the logging level to “trace” in the PDFCreator application settings and try again, this should log additional information on what is going wrong.

Best regards,

Robin

it's been 3 years since last reply, but I rather resurrect this topic than start a new one.
I am currently also running into the same problem.
We have several FTP servers which we use for data transfer between different departments, and also in the need of using a port number differerent from 21.
Will this ever be implemented or have me made a mistake with PDFcreator (60 licenses)?