FYI for PDFCreator Hangs

So I spent the better part of my morning trying to figure out why when I printed with PDFCreator it would just hang. It would create the PDF in the folder as expected but then would hang. The profile was supposed to email the file to an online email account.

So no warning, nothing inthe log files, uninstalled, deleted all files know to PDFCreator, made sure no registry entries reinstalled, imported settings, same thing it would hang.

Finally went into my PDFCreator profile I was using and going through each of the steps when I got to the send mail I did a Send test email and it failed with a invalid password message. Fixed that and viola now its working again.

Would be REALLY nice if when using the PDFPrinter it would give you that message instead of just hanging up.

Hi,

sorry for the trouble, this isn't the intended behavior.
How exactly was your profile setup, did you use automatic saving in combination with the "Send over SMTP" action? I wasn't able to reproduce the issue with the current build, so it seems like it might already be fixed for PDFCreator 3.5.0. (If it isn't fixed already, it won't make it in time for the 3.5.0 release, which is scheduled for Monday, in which case we will fix it with the next update).

Best regards

Robin