How to hide the printer icon during conversion?

I want to create PDF file using the COM interface from Delphi. After initialization I select the PDFCreator as my printer, but when I give the Printer.BeginDoc command, the printer icon appears on the tray. My program works well, but when I start it from a service (under SYSTEM user) the icon cannot appear and the program stops. How can I avoid the appearance?

Hi @herenyii,
If you want to print to PDFCreator from a service, you will need PDFCreator Server. The other PDFCreator Editions are not able to accept print jobs from a service.
We can provide you with a trial license, if you like.

Hi Florian,
Thank you the quick answer. If it is possible I would like to try the server edition, but I suppose that this edition is not free.

Other question:
In the earlier version of PDFCreator there was a setting cVisible := False; to avoid the appearance of the printer icon. What is the reason to omit this feature from the new version? I would like to upgrade my software but I cannot.

Hi @herenyii,

You're right, PDFCreator Server is not free. We can provide you with a trial license, kindly contact us using the following form: https://www.pdfforge.org/contact/pdfcreator/sales

I've never heard about that option, must be really old. :confused:

Hi Florian,

Thank you for your help. The version I have mentioned probably the 1.7.:slightly_smiling_face: