Increasing file name character limits

Does anyone know if it's possible to increase the length of file names for PDFCreator?

I use Agilent Chemstation to print our chromatographic results to a network drive. The file names print in the format of "[sequence name]_[file name]". The sequence name is fairly useless, for my purposes - but I'm unable to change the format of Chemstation-generated pdfs.

However, if the sequence names are more than a handful of characters long (5-7 range) the character limit restriction on PDFCreator (around 30 characters?) cuts off the sample name, which actually is useful.

I tried using the built-in renaming options to erase everything before the underscore (sequence name) and just add a timestamp, and it works perfectly. But the problem is the file name is truncated before these renaming rules are used .... so often times the rule isn't even implemented (as there is no underscore) or the file name is cut short.

Does anyone know if it's possible, through some config / ini file or something similar, to adjust this? It seems unlikely, but all my attempts at working the Chemstation side have gotten me nowhere.