Internal Ghostscript error :(

Tried to use the free PDFCreator (5.2.2) to print a couple of LibreOffice one-page documents. First I thought this is related to the first document having some narrow margins, but it happened with a very simple, plain text page as well.
I have used the free PDFcreator a lot in the past to create flyers and documents and that is the first time that I ran into this problem, In the past, it has always worked pretty much flawlessly (and it still does on a couple other PCs of mine).

Btw, this is on Windows 10/64bit with all the latest Microsoft updates....

PS: After reading a few posts over similar errors several years back (2016 and earlier), I tried what was suggested in some of those threads and tried to print from various other applications, like Adobe Acrobat Reader and even Firefox, trying to print any of these forum pages, and all end up with the same error, pretty much rendering PDFCreator at this point useless... :frowning:

Do you find a solution ?
error ghsotsrip with 5.2.2 version

No, tried re-installing the latest version, to no avail. Will try with re-installing an older version if I find the time.
But the total lack of pdforge about this, when apparently there are various rather similar posts over the years is rather disconcerting... :frowning:

I have a user also experiencing this issue. Terminal Server v5.2.2.0 running on Windows Server 2019. It seems to be happening intermittently, though more often than not, when she goes to merge PDFs. I was not able to recreate the issue on another account on the server.

In a previous forum post I found the following advice: Run regedit.exe and change HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\pdfforge\PDFCreator\Settings\ConversionProfiles\0\PdfSettings FastWebView to false. (0 is the default profile, to set this for other profiles replace 0 with the number of the profile you are going to use)
We usually use -dFastWebView=true which enables to display the start of the PDF before the end has been loaded, but this seems to be causing a Ghostscript error under some conditions.

I was not able to find a FastWebView entry in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\pdfforge\PDFCreator\Settings\ConversionProfiles\0\PdfSettings, so I created a string value named FastWebView and set it to False. This, however, did not resolve the issue.

Error Logs Below:

2024-06-03 13:20:49.0733 [Error] pdfforge.PDFCreator.Conversion.Ghostscript.Conversion.GhostscriptConverter.DoConversion: There was a Ghostscript error while converting the Job C:\Users\srh\AppData\Local\Temp\49\PDFCreator\Spool\230-FEF2AD1D41824945B72938A89D0F8CB7.inf: pdfforge.PDFCreator.Conversion.Jobs.ProcessingException: Ghostscript execution failed: This software is supplied under the GNU AGPLv3 and comes with NO WARRANTY:
see the file COPYING for details.

at pdfforge.PDFCreator.Conversion.Ghostscript.Conversion.GhostscriptConverter.DoConversion(Job job, ConversionMode conversionMode)
2024-06-03 13:20:49.0733 [Error] pdfforge.PDFCreator.Core.Workflow.JobRunner.RunJob: The job failed: Ghostscript execution failed: This software is supplied under the GNU AGPLv3 and comes with NO WARRANTY:

(Conversion_GhostscriptError)
2024-06-03 13:21:00.4076 [Error] pdfforge.PDFCreator.Core.Workflow.ConversionWorkflow.RunWorkflow: Ghostscript execution failed: This software is supplied under the GNU AGPLv3 and comes with NO WARRANTY:

Conversion_GhostscriptError
2024-06-03 13:21:00.4876 [Error] pdfforge.PDFCreator.Core.Workflow.JobInfoQueueManager.ProcessJob: The job 'EXTERNAL; RE_ Request for appointment with Dr. Do - Staci Raines - Outlook' terminated at step Error and did not end successfully.
2024-06-03 13:24:03.0690 [Error] pdfforge.PDFCreator.Conversion.Ghostscript.Conversion.GhostscriptConverter.DoConversion: Ghostscript execution failed: This software is supplied under the GNU AGPLv3 and comes with NO WARRANTY:

2024-06-03 13:24:03.0690 [Error] pdfforge.PDFCreator.Conversion.Ghostscript.Conversion.GhostscriptConverter.DoConversion: There was a Ghostscript error while converting the Job C:\Users\srh\AppData\Local\Temp\49\PDFCreator\spool\240-708AB2AF8DE344FC93A92B0E23A3328A.inf: pdfforge.PDFCreator.Conversion.Jobs.ProcessingException: Ghostscript execution failed: This software is supplied under the GNU AGPLv3 and comes with NO WARRANTY:

at pdfforge.PDFCreator.Conversion.Ghostscript.Conversion.GhostscriptConverter.DoConversion(Job job, ConversionMode conversionMode)
2024-06-03 13:24:03.0690 [Error] pdfforge.PDFCreator.Core.Workflow.JobRunner.RunJob: The job failed: Ghostscript execution failed: This software is supplied under the GNU AGPLv3 and comes with NO WARRANTY:

2024-06-03 13:27:28.7794 [Error] pdfforge.PDFCreator.Core.Workflow.ConversionWorkflow.RunWorkflow: Ghostscript execution failed: This software is supplied under the GNU AGPLv3 and comes with NO WARRANTY:

2024-06-03 13:27:28.7794 [Error] pdfforge.PDFCreator.Core.Workflow.JobInfoQueueManager.ProcessJob: The job 'EXTERNAL; RE_ Request for appointment with Dr. Do - Staci Raines - Outlook' terminated at step Error and did not end successfully.
2024-06-03 13:35:26.0357 [Error] pdfforge.PDFCreator.Conversion.Ghostscript.Conversion.GhostscriptConverter.DoConversion: Ghostscript execution failed: This software is supplied under the GNU AGPLv3 and comes with NO WARRANTY:

2024-06-03 13:35:26.0897 [Error] pdfforge.PDFCreator.Conversion.Ghostscript.Conversion.GhostscriptConverter.DoConversion: There was a Ghostscript error while converting the Job C:\Users\srh\AppData\Local\Temp\49\PDFCreator\spool\245-ABEFCDA4843641E58D96E7D9711A1D25.inf: pdfforge.PDFCreator.Conversion.Jobs.ProcessingException: Ghostscript execution failed: This software is supplied under the GNU AGPLv3 and comes with NO WARRANTY:

2024-06-03 13:35:26.0897 [Error] pdfforge.PDFCreator.Core.Workflow.JobRunner.RunJob: The job failed: Ghostscript execution failed: This software is supplied under the GNU AGPLv3 and comes with NO WARRANTY:

2024-06-03 13:35:58.4265 [Error] pdfforge.PDFCreator.Core.Workflow.ConversionWorkflow.RunWorkflow: Ghostscript execution failed: This software is supplied under the GNU AGPLv3 and comes with NO WARRANTY:

2024-06-03 13:35:58.5125 [Error] pdfforge.PDFCreator.Core.Workflow.JobInfoQueueManager.ProcessJob: The job 'EXTERNAL; RE_ Request for appointment with Dr. Do - Staci Raines - Outlook' terminated at step Error and did not end successfully.
2024-06-03 14:25:13.5355 [Error] pdfforge.PDFCreator.Conversion.Ghostscript.Conversion.GhostscriptConverter.DoConversion: Ghostscript execution failed: This software is supplied under the GNU AGPLv3 and comes with NO WARRANTY:

2024-06-03 14:25:13.5355 [Error] pdfforge.PDFCreator.Conversion.Ghostscript.Conversion.GhostscriptConverter.DoConversion: There was a Ghostscript error while converting the Job C:\Users\srh\AppData\Local\Temp\49\PDFCreator\spool\250-E62061C55D3D49368B837E7E80C13B7A.inf: pdfforge.PDFCreator.Conversion.Jobs.ProcessingException: Ghostscript execution failed: This software is supplied under the GNU AGPLv3 and comes with NO WARRANTY:

2024-06-03 14:25:13.5355 [Error] pdfforge.PDFCreator.Core.Workflow.JobRunner.RunJob: The job failed: Ghostscript execution failed: This software is supplied under the GNU AGPLv3 and comes with NO WARRANTY:

2024-06-03 14:25:49.7533 [Error] pdfforge.PDFCreator.Core.Workflow.ConversionWorkflow.RunWorkflow: Ghostscript execution failed: This software is supplied under the GNU AGPLv3 and comes with NO WARRANTY:

2024-06-03 14:25:49.7553 [Error] pdfforge.PDFCreator.Core.Workflow.JobInfoQueueManager.ProcessJob: The job 'EXTERNAL; RE_ Request for appointment with Dr. Do - Staci Raines - Outlook' terminated at step Error and did not end successfully.
2024-06-03 14:33:43.6246 [Error] pdfforge.PDFCreator.Conversion.Ghostscript.Conversion.GhostscriptConverter.DoConversion: Ghostscript execution failed: This software is supplied under the GNU AGPLv3 and comes with NO WARRANTY:

2024-06-03 14:33:43.6246 [Error] pdfforge.PDFCreator.Conversion.Ghostscript.Conversion.GhostscriptConverter.DoConversion: There was a Ghostscript error while converting the Job C:\Users\srh\AppData\Local\Temp\49\PDFCreator\spool\1-0AC54D96509A45C4972FFFB4BB0668BC.inf: pdfforge.PDFCreator.Conversion.Jobs.ProcessingException: Ghostscript execution failed: This software is supplied under the GNU AGPLv3 and comes with NO WARRANTY:

2024-06-03 14:33:43.6246 [Error] pdfforge.PDFCreator.Core.Workflow.JobRunner.RunJob: The job failed: Ghostscript execution failed: This software is supplied under the GNU AGPLv3 and comes with NO WARRANTY:

2024-06-03 14:33:48.3278 [Error] pdfforge.PDFCreator.Core.Workflow.ConversionWorkflow.RunWorkflow: Ghostscript execution failed: This software is supplied under the GNU AGPLv3 and comes with NO WARRANTY:

2024-06-03 14:33:48.3278 [Error] pdfforge.PDFCreator.Core.Workflow.JobInfoQueueManager.ProcessJob: The job 'EXTERNAL; RE_ Request for appointment with Dr. Do - Staci Raines - Outlook' terminated at step Error and did not end successfully.

Hi @RAQ,

Sorry, to hear about the internal GS errors coming up.

Please try it again with version 5.2.1, which can be found here:

Let me know about the outcome.

Best regards
Sascha

Tried that, uninstalled 5.2.2, re-installed 5.2.1, but still the same error.
Then completely uninstalled 5.2.1 as well, and installed an older version, 5.1.2, which I happened to have in my download folder still from last year, and again "Hängen im Schacht"... :frowning:

The 'Internal Ghost Script Error' message is, to my knowledge, a rather generic error message.

Whenever it occurs, our developers ask us to change the logging level within PDFCreator from 'Error' to 'Trace' level. They often ask for the PS (Post Script) and INF file as well, which are located in the spool folder. Then everything will be analysed and if we are able to replicate it, it will be fixed.

You can see from the release notes, that we update Ghost Script regularly:
https://docs.pdfforge.org/pdfcreator/en/pdfcreator/introduction/whats-new/

I would like to ask every customer to contact our PDFCreator Support directly, if you experience an 'Internal GhostScript Error': support@pdfforge.org

Thank you.
Sascha