New version will not print to PdfCreator

I have just downloaded the new version after three years of successful downloads & use.  When I attempt to print to pdfCreator it brings up "Network Printers".  All my printers are usb, and I cannot get into the normal printers page, even though I click on "PdfCreator". Any suggestions?

Just upgraded to 1.4.3 version.

I am using Windows 7 Professional and now PDFcreator does not print from any application (Word, Mathematica, Chrome, etc.).  Before it worked fine.

I also tried to install the older versions I have, e.g. 1.4.0 and 1.4.2 but now none of them work, they give exactly the same problem.

Specifically, the installations proceed normally without any error messages and when I try to print from an application simply nothing happens.  There are no popups or anything.  Also having the PDFCreator window open (by clicking on the shortcut) shows absolutely nothing.

I made PDF creator my default printer but still nothing happens.

Thank you,

B.

Hi,

does this happen when you right click on the file and choose "Create PDF with PDFCreator", or when you try to print to PDFCreator from an apllication? First is bugged in the current version and can only be worked arround by setting PDFCreator as your default printer. It will be fixed in the next version.

regards,

Robin

Just managed to get PDFCreator work, but in a very roundabout way:

1. Installed it in Server mode.

2. When printing to PDFCreator I have to have the PDFCreator window open otherwise nothing happens.  Rather the files seem to be there waiting for the window to be openned and the conversation to take place.

Is there a way to make this simpler please?

Best wishes,

B.

Hi,

normally this should not happen. Could you take a look at the version number of

C:\\windows\\system32\\pdfcmon.dll ? Maybe it didn´t get replaced properly during setup.

regards,

Robin

I tried to look at the file pdfcmon.dll as you suggested but I do not know how to find its version number.

B.

right click it, selet properties, and in the properties window the details tab.

The version found is:

File Version, same as Product Version, = 0.1.4.0

Hi,

please try to print a test page from the PDFCreator options and try to convert a (printable non pdf) file by dragging and dropping it into the print monitor. Also, you could post your setuplog.txt here, it could help if something went wrong during setup.

regards,

Robin