Today we have an early Easter gift for you: We have finalized the next beta release of PDFCreator: 1.9.3. You can find the files on our download servers: http://download.pdfforge.org/download/pdfcreator/list
This brings the long waited feature to merge and rearrange print jobs and introduces a beta version of the COM interface.
The improvements include:
- Merge and rearrange print jobs again
- Converting a large document to an image format will now create file names in a sortable way (i.e. Doc001.jpg to Doc100.jpg)
- Allowing to skip the printing dialog a directly go to the save file dialog
- We have moved most Windows from the "old" Windows Forms technology to Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF), which allows scalability on systems with other screen resolutions and better testing of UI components. The two settings dialogs will be converted with the next release. This required to move the project to .Net 4.0
- The COM interface is back in a very basic version. This will grow over the time. For now, the interface will change in future versions. Once it has stabilized, we will introduce proper COM versioning
As for the next versions: We will move towards 2.0 with at least one further release (1.9.4), which should finalize the transition to WPF (the big setting dialogs are still missing) and make the whole experience smooth. We will also continue work on the COM interface. If this version works out well, we will release PDFCreator 2.0 - and hopefully this will happen soon.